Grado SR225 in 3D
Jun 28, 2006 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

vetter

New Head-Fier
Just thought Id post some photos for you Grado enthusiasts... I came here a few weeks before christmas in an effort to find some good headphones and ended up with these, which I highly recommend . Since then Ive pretty much stayed away from head-fi, until now. Now I'm considering the K81 DJ as a portable closed phone since there seems to be some pretty good reviews around here.
(sorry the images are pretty big and not completely detailed.)

GradoSR225-2.jpg

GradoSR225-4.jpg

GradoSR225-3.jpg

GradoSR225-5.jpg

GradoSR225-1.jpg

Jun 28, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #5 of 30
I think that's pretty cool, I always wanted to learn how to sketch in 3d. I'm just wondering, what was the point of drawing an SR225 like that? Are you going to make it into an animation or something? Or was it just fun to do?

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:12 AM Post #6 of 30
Wow! Cool is right!

Whatever the reason, it was lots of fun to look at, as well as lots of fun, I'm sure; to produce!

An animation WOULD be fun to see!

Pretty neat!

Thanx!!

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 30
Hahaha! You should import it to Oblivion video game. I would like to see my Breton Warmage jam around with grado headphones while collecting alchemy ingredients. *lol*
eggosmile.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #8 of 30
Pretty nice. Post some more pics of some nice renders too
icon10.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bl4cksh33p
I think that's pretty cool, I always wanted to learn how to sketch in 3d. I'm just wondering, what was the point of drawing an SR225 like that? Are you going to make it into an animation or something? Or was it just fun to do?

Ha whats the point? Actually I just did it for the hell of it. I looked around to try and find the most interesting thing to model and my SR225s seemed perfect.
Took a few hours but it was enjoyable. The worst part was... I couldnt really listen to the phones while I modeled because I needed to have em out on my desk so I could look at em.

Jun 28, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #11 of 30
Good job on that - really well done!!

Jun 28, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by vetter
Ha whats the point? Actually I just did it for the hell of it. I looked around to try and find the most interesting thing to model and my SR225s seemed perfect.
Took a few hours but it was enjoyable. The worst part was... I couldnt really listen to the phones while I modeled because I needed to have em out on my desk so I could look at em.

Thats completely bad ass. could you make Jpegs of them to be used at desktops... please?
icon10.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 30
HOLY cow, nice do Vetter, really..
Do you use Bryce 3D Imaging apps ever? looks somewhat familiar based on your shots..

bravo nonetheless, nice scale and efforts in 3D..
word

Jun 28, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #15 of 30
Wow, that looks really awesome. But where's the "button"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back