Grado sr-80 to headset mod
Jul 3, 2007 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Paimen

New Head-Fier
I broke my old headset so I needed to do something to it, luckily friend of mine sold his used Grado headphones and my headset had working microphone. So only problem was how to combine those two.

Well I bought some plastic that you can melt and then shape like it is Plasticine(I hope this is correct word).

So now I have headphones with microphone I can attach and deattach for some chatting easily.

I'm not sure does this help anyone, but I had so much fun making this modding so I decided to share it.

Sorry about lousy picture quality. I blame my phone and it's bad camera.

Jul 4, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 3
LOL that is funny...you could have just did what I did when I used my mic and grados

Just plop it around your neck and tilt the mic boom up to wards your mouth...that works just as well...I dont know I guess it was fun to go through that trouble...?

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 3
well first of all I had that plastic stuff in drawer (who doesn't
280smile.gif
) and I had time to do this and with this mod it is just Grados I need to take of my head and mic goes along.

I tried just to keep headset on my neck, but it was feeling icky and I think boom of mic was bit too short to get voice out as good as it could have been. And we love modding don't we

Users who are viewing this thread

Back