Grado SR-60 in Canada
Feb 4, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 17
In one thread here on Head-Fi ppl said this store carries Grado for a competitive price. In downtown Toronto so its easy to get to by TTC. I bought mine from Bay Bloor Radio many years ago (still love 'em) but it was ridiculously expensive (~$130+tax) compared to USA prices.

National Sound
615 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 2B7, Canada
(416) 703-1939

Feb 4, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 17
This store is in Toronto but it is online though.

http://www.a4audio.com/home.asp

Unfortunately, they don't carry SR60 here but they carry SR80 and above. The funny thing is that they charge US$ even though for Canadians and them being a Canadian store. In anycase, a SR80 is US$99 if you look at their site. This translates to about the price of the SR60 in Bay Bloor when converted.

SH

Feb 4, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 17
why not drive across the border

i am not sure where to go but i am sure there has to be a US retailer fairly close by

May 8, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #12 of 17
Bringing this topic back from the dead, but can anyone confirm with me that the security certificate for Alessandro's site (upon attempting to order one of their products) has been expired since last year? Should I still trust the site if I order the MS-1's?

May 8, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kazaam
Bringing this topic back from the dead, but can anyone confirm with me that the security certificate for Alessandro's site (upon attempting to order one of their products) has been expired since last year? Should I still trust the site if I order the MS-1's?

Yep, it's perfectly safe, I called them, and was told to just keep hitting "yes" to all the notifications. I ordered mine a couple months ago, and it was fine.

May 8, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by anearfull
If you're a Canuck with a yen for The Grado Sound, Alessadro is definitely your best bang for buck:
http://www.alessandro-products.com/headphones.html

I got my MS-1 (equivalent to the Grado 125) for $99 USD delivered (no duty or tax was charged). Any sonic differences are subtle and many HeadFiers actually prefer the Alessandro versions to the Grado versions.

Agreed 100%. Try to order online and get the ms-1. Save yourself ~50-100 dollars.

May 8, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #15 of 17
The cheapest route is to wait until someone in Toronto wants to unload their's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back