Grado Sr 325i to the Grado Rs1 good choice?
Feb 6, 2008 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ricky112

Head-Fier
Hi ive bought the grado sr 325i and i love them, however im getting greedy and i want the Rs1, i can own the Rs1 no problem but how much of a difference will it be from the sr325is, i know the sr325is are very detailed with good strong bass and the Rs1 being warmer in sound and it sounds richer, now would it be a good choice for me to purchase the Rs1?

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 11
opps my apologizess
redface.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by manofmathematics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd personally invest the funds at this point into amp and source.

Hi

Any recommendations for choice of suitable amp for the 325i?

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 11
Because of their light weight, the RS-1 is more comfortable for me to wear, as well as nicer SQ.
I would never go back to 325/325i (had both).

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #9 of 11
Tubes are the best with Grado's, especially with RS, PS, GS, HP. RS1 will offer you more refinement and accuracy, but they do need an good tube amp, like SP or Zana. Source is very important to, I would say first source, then amp.

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #11 of 11
I guess a hybrid amplifier might be the sweet spot. From my experience, the best speed and textural results on Grado's are achieved when the output impedance of the amp is as low as possible. This is what I found out while playing with some DIY circuits. This is easily provided in SS and hybrid amps. Regarding the tube amps - transformer coupled would be prefered for Grados IMHO. Due to limited transconductance of tubes, I don't think OTL amps deliver to the Grados what they really need and deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back