Grado SR-325i - now available in the UK
Mar 21, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 10
Yeah my dealers got a couple of pairs in earlier this week; burning demo pair atm. Sounds a bit muddy still and quite different to my RS-1's. Roughly around £250.

The weight, thin headband , swivelling cup nuisance and limited up/down cup adjustability is a bit of a let down though.

Mar 21, 2005 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 10
Yeah they've been in Finland for a while now too. The audio store didn't even know about them, I got a blank look when I said "gold sr325s" but sure enough, the guy looked at one of the new boxes and there they were. He was all set to tell me I was insane.
wink.gif

They can be had for the bargain price of €594.00. Yeah, you read that right. €594.00 If you're thinking that it should be illegal to control the prices like that, it is. I contacted Grado about it twice but it's not worth it to reply about something like that. They know it's illegal, but they give the distributors free reign. The distributors get away with it because people tend to vote with their wallets than actually complain. I hope it's paying off for them.
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Yeah they've been in Finland for a while now too. The audio store didn't even know about them, I got a blank look when I said "gold sr325s" but sure enough, the guy looked at one of the new boxes and there they were. He was all set to tell me I was insane.
wink.gif

They can be had for the bargain price of €594.00. Yeah, you read that right. €594.00 If you're thinking that it should be illegal to control the prices like that, it is. I contacted Grado about it twice but it's not worth it to reply about something like that. They know it's illegal, but they give the distributors free reign. The distributors get away with it because people tend to vote with their wallets than actually complain. I hope it's paying off for them.
wink.gif

€594.00 ! Wow! This is really absurd! Grado does not allow US-based web shops to sell its headphones outside the US in order to protect the deals the company has made with local distributors. I wonder how greedy these distributors are that they expect to make 100% profit and how come Grado makes such deals which clearly hurt its market...

Mar 21, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong

I think that goes a long way to explain why Sennheisers are more dominant here in Europe
rolleyes.gif
. And why people like the Alessandro products
biggrin.gif

Dave.

Mar 21, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #7 of 10
Sad to say, but what matters is sound quality and not ethics when I'm buying a pair of headphones. Surely i wouldnt pay 500 euros for 325i, but well french cheese sells for 4 times the price in the US so i dont think having Grado headphones twice the price is a big problem... It's up to you to find the better deal
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphie
Sad to say, but what matters is sound quality and not ethics when I'm buying a pair of headphones. Surely i wouldnt pay 500 euros for 325i, but well french cheese sells for 4 times the price in the US so i dont think having Grado headphones twice the price is a big problem... It's up to you to find the better deal
smily_headphones1.gif

It's important to vote with our wallets though, and by that I mean, let the distributor wonder how he's going feed his family.
wink.gif

I did find the better deal, some Alessandro ms-2s. I liked what the ms-1s did for the sr125, so there's a good chance I'll like what the ms-2's do for the 325s. I've taken a sneak peak at the sr325i's though, and if for whatever reason the Alessandros don't cut it, I can have the Mom Shipping Co. send me a pair and I'll reimburse her and then some.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, I did find a cheaper place - €540.00, so my apologies. Takes a look at these prices. No Finnish headfier I know of buys headphones in Finland. But the Grado prices are the worst.

(prices on the left are in Finnish marks, which is simply there for reference)

Kruunuradio

Grado prices in Germany aren't pretty, but they aren't this bad either.

Mar 21, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by paspro
I found a UK-based web site which just added the Grado SR-325i to
the list of products for sale:

http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/stoneaud...duct=7&range=7

The price is £279, which is twice the US price of course...

Hmm - £279 or $299 + 20% import duty + £4 Post Office handling fee = £177.40... I know what i'd be doing
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
Hmm - £279 or $299 + 20% import duty + £4 Post Office handling fee = £177.40... I know what i'd be doing
smily_headphones1.gif

Exactly why I went for the MS-2s over the 325i's
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back