biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 17
it wasnt me...but if saw that earlier...it'll be mine

Apr 14, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They appear to be the earliest SR-325 model in Black with gold letterings with the old school Grado box and blue foam.

There was one model earlier, also black, which was basically the same as SR-300 only with SR-325 buttons. I've had multiple pairs of black 325's (I think 5-6) and lettering was always silver from what I remember. There could be gold lettered ones I guess, but tend to think that is a myth from a poorly colored photo someone saw. Another myth is that the black cups are plastic, they are indeed black aluminum. I bought a pair on ebay that the seller swore they were plastic... they were aluminum haha...
tongue.gif

That was a decent price for whomever got them, congrats.

Apr 14, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #8 of 17
wow, those look amazing.

Apr 14, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #9 of 17
Hey Killercrush, you in Montreal ?

Another Grado boy from Montreal, did you attend FSI this weekend ?

Apr 21, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #12 of 17
Turntables081.jpg

Turntables088.jpg

So they arrived today. The old flats are toast and and no HP1000 drivers
frown.gif

(Black transition drivers) But quite a unique Grado none the less. I quickly put some better flat pads on them . They look simply awesome and sound better than expected but they won't be replacing the O2s anytime soon. They are very smooth sounding (NICE mids) and very impactful in the bass, but the bass is not real detailed. I plan on doing some more tube rolling to see what happens. I would at this point , easily put them on par with the Senn 650s. They do not sound like your typical present day Grado, that I know for sure. I apologize for my terrible picture taking skills.(And cheap camera)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back