Grado SR 225i tape+ sock mod
Apr 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kvtaco17

Headphoneus Supremus
So I combined both mods and figured I'd say something here about it since I couldn't find anything discussing it...

Using a single layer of electrical tape around my bowls increased bass as we all know

Removing the tape and wrapping my bowls with cut up dress socks (I promise they were brand new and clean lol) had a similar effect, plus it added more comfy

Combining BOTH mods gave me slightly more bass, the somewhat painful (to some people) highs were rolled back and the mids were a little less forward. The sound stage shrank a bit, and some detail was lost (probably because the mids and bass had their way with it... Grado mid and bass on treble 3 way?) 

The overall result is pretty fun and easily undone. I will be leaving my set like this for a bit while I experiment.

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 4
Now after using this setup for something other then trance (Yay for Jane Monheit) it sound like poo... tape by itself is fine... the sock mod is ok is you can find something thin enough so the sound isn't smothered... so yeah, epic fail...  but at least now its been tried and documented lol

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Will try lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back