Grado SR-125 vs. Alessandro MS-2i: Which is brighter? More fatiguing?
Nov 29, 2005 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aufeuer

100+ Head-Fier
I'm considering this as an upgrade path (sr-125 -> ms-2i). I'm interested in knowing what changes to expect? Will the Alessandro be considerably brighter? Will it probably be more fatiguing (brighter != fatiguing)? Should I expect better/more bass? Soundstage?

Thanks!

Nov 30, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Comments, anyone?
eek.gif

Nov 30, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 6
The MS2i stomps all over the SR125. It will have better everything. It's only fault is that it is heavy.

Nov 30, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 6
Alessandros are definitely not as fatiguing as their bretheren in Grado's Prestige series. I have the MS-2, and I find it's a lot easier to listen to it for an extended period than my HF-1 (but oooh boy, that HF-1 sure is a fun headphone
rs1smile.gif
)

I'm speaking from experience with the old MS-2, but it shouldn't be too different from the MS-2i.

Nov 30, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 6
keep in mind that the ms-2i's are the 325i's with a little bit more laid back of a sound. That seems to be the trick in reducing fatigue; keep in mind however, that the 325i's are particularly bright, so even though the ms-2i's are less fatiguing, they may yet be more fatiguing than the 125's anyhow. Have you considered the 225's? I have the 125's myself (though not for much longer... I'm ebaying them soon as my k701's are just rocking), and from what I've heard (in both senses), the 225's are the next best thing to the RS-1's in the current Grado line-up.

Nov 30, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 6
Nice question

the 125's have a more even type of grado sound where the ms-2's might sound a bit metalish to you... this may mean more fatigue depending on you source>cable>amp setup.

the ms2's also have more weight which will cut down on the listening time if you have a probelm with this.

the 125's with flats will do some good justice without all the major faults of the ms2's but if you have the setup to truely bring out the beauty of the ms2 sonic ways you will also enjoy them the much more.

Stick with a easy going amp that is not dry or high enduced and keep away from alot of silver cables then the ms-2's shall be no probelm.

either way you will hear a sonic difference between the two! just use flats on both and youll be set no matter which way you go!!

let me know what happens and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back