Grado SR-125 No sound; Mod options??
Nov 11, 2011 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hendge

New Head-Fier
I am a newcomer to the site. An issue with my Grado's actually led me here. Last time i used them everything worked perfectly, a few months stored with no use and plug them in only to hear sound thru the left channel, and very sensitive to movement at that!

Tried another source and no no sound whatsoever.

I do like the heaphones. Read a little on here today about Modding. Can't really run out and get another just like that eitther.

Advice; Options? 

Any DIY Tips or ideas to get sound out of these once again??

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Im not a grado owner yet, but before taking the DIY route. Are they still under warranty? 

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 6
Nope. Out of warranty. To be perfectly honest they were never even put to much use. Last time they worked and now nothing.

I am thinking of sending to Grado, Read some more threads and it seems like maybe $45 and shipping to get them back up and working. Who knows, maybe i will get lucky and they will notice the pristine condition and just do it?

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 6
If you wanted to risk your headphones and try to repair them yourself, you could open them up and see what has gone wrong. There might be a loose connector either near the drivers, or at the connector.

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 6
The odd part is that at first the left channel was working - not as i'd like it to, some wiggling required, but at least emitting sound. Thne another source and now no sound at all.

I am tempted to get into it, for the eductation if nothing else. Definitely more information. Is there a general guide? better, anything specific to Grado??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back