grado sound quality inquiry...
Jan 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
According to the graph, there is a 5 dB difference at 4500 hz, which should be audible on just about any type of music.  Why it isn't, I have no idea. 

There are web sites where one can generate a test tone at a chosen frequency....You can find one of those and have it generate a tone at 4,500 Hz and A-B that tone....

Here is a web site where one can generate test tones....

http://www.audiocheck.net/

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #18 of 21
here's a question - those graphs and charts - does that factor in the enclosures and environments in any way?

like the frequency graph, pretty much the same from the 60i clear up to the ps1000 - with a few minor dips and dives, but does that take into consideration the plastic vs the aluminum vs the mahogany...?

i'm sure how you house the driver should have a direct effect on sound reproduction/quality

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #19 of 21
I did a comparison between the 225i and 325is when I was demoing different pairs. I can't comment on the 125i because I didn't listen to those. But basically, between the 225i and 325is I noticed was that the 325is were a lot brighter sounding, the bass was a bit more punchy and it sounded a bit airier. So I would imagine being able to hear a difference between the 325is and the 125i. 

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #20 of 21
i think what really gets me about the 325i's is the treble detail and the bass impact. The 125's dont come close in those areas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back