Grado sound from a closed can - is it possible?
Sep 28, 2009 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ickle97116084

New Head-Fier
I have been searching in vain to find a full size headphone to match the quality of my Shure SE310s with a FIIO e5.

I have listened too Sennheiser PX450, 25-1 II, 25-PS, 202, 415, Denon AH D1001 and Bose Around ear/on ear but none have given me the same experience as listening too my Shures. I listened too a pair of Grado SR80is and these were great but I could hear all the chatter of store clerks and shopper around me and that detracted me somewhat.

I want these headphones for listening too Movies, Music and Games (PC and XBox). What I like about my current SE310s is the detail and clarity, not too much bass but enough. I like to hear all the nuances of the performers (rock, classical etc), changes in tone, the clearing of a throat etc. All the Sennheiser seemed too artificial and the bass was exagerated or pumped up a waste of somones money in my opinion and the Boses too muddy in the mids. I want brigt and energetic sounding headphones.

Am I asking too much or being too picky is it possible to have what I want in a CLOSED headphone.

Hope someone can help,

Ickle.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back