Grado sings Opera
Feb 25, 2005 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

paspro

100+ Head-Fier
Most people characterise Grado headphones as ideal for rock music. Well, maybe this is true but I would prefer to say that Grados excel in Opera, a hobby of Joe Grado himself! It seems to me that they are perfectly tuned to reproduce every aspect of an operatic performance i.e. the human voices, the chorus and the orchestral music.

Listening to Verdi's "La Traviata" with Pavaroti and Kiri with my SR225 makes me feel like I am really sitting next to the singers! The sound is full of detail and energy like the Opera itself.

Great stuff for Opera lovers!

Feb 25, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 8
Maybe it was Joe's hoddy, if you use a hp1000 or one of the serie.
But maybe it's not John's hobby, 'cause he's the one who own and direct Grado.
However, high series as RS', Ps', HP's, it could be wonderful with classical, I never tried them... All I have is a MS1, not bad though.
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 8
I must say that without soundstage you are missing something there (at least for me).

I would say that the 225 are not very good for Opera. I prefer AKG k501 or Senn 580 595 600 or 650 for that. But this might be just me.

I like Radiohead on my 225, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 8
I usually listen to Alt. Rock about 70% of the time, but I like everything that sounds good (everything). I was browsing the "easy listening" CD section at my local library yesterday and came across to “my way the best of frank SINATRA”; and what the heck, I picked it up.
I’m very glad I did. It’s sure different from the alt rock, but what beautiful music. I don’t know if is the recording but the sound I’m hearing from my 9 months old MS-1 with a Sony pcd unamped is wonderful; the bass, the violins; the trumpets.. wow; the drums.. mmh; franky’s voice – fantastic! It’s like I’m sitting right in front of the orchestra (quality time). Sometimes I look at the pcd and wonder how is this sound coming out of this little thing... must be the headphones

I haven’t become Sinatra’s fan overnite and rush to buy all his records, not at all, but if you come across one or haven’t listened to one in a while it’s worth checking it out; very nice change.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back