Grado/Senn/AKG - help me pick given my tastes
Feb 11, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For your added info. He assumes that AKG K701/702 mimics a speaker system.
You may consider AKG K701 on your list.

First Post: "I love strong midrange, warm, relaxing with good midbass.....rolled off on top and very bottom."

Why are members recommending AKG K701 to someone who likes warm and relaxing with good midbass and rolled off top. AKG K701 are nothing like that. They are bright and have little midbass.

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #17 of 19
You would probably enjoy either of the Sennheiser big boys (hd600/hd650). The respond well to source/amp changes and have that balanced but slightly colored Senn sound. Wonderfully musical with a silky undertone. Bright when the artist intends it to be, bass heavy when the artist intends it to be.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #18 of 19
A number of you recommended the HD650 in this thread and at the meet it was my favorite headphone.

I didn't hear the RS-1 with the same amp as the 650, but I can imagine they'd sound very good when setup right. I liked their punchiness...

AKG K701 was fine also...

Enjoyable....good call head-fiERS
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #19 of 19
Hi,

I know you didn't mention an IEM. But through reading the thread, one thing came to mind; the Shure SE530. They have the best and most silky mids I've heard thus far. The highs are rolled off and bass isn't overbearing. They were the most refined IEM I've experienced to date. They were just too dark for me overall.

If the IEM doesn't appeal to you, you've heard about all the Senn talk and did get to listen for yourself. The 600/650 seems to be your cup of tea also.

Peace,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back