Grado Sale
Jul 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bilavideo

Caution: Incomplete trades.
I've got bills to pay so I'm selling my Grados.

Grado SR-325i - $200
This is the gold-colored anniversary edition using L-Cush doughnuts and aluminum drivers. There are a couple of nicks in the aluminum (for you perfectionists) but otherwise, these are outstanding headphones. It comes with an adapter so you can use it with an iPod. This is the king of the Prestige Series, with 100% UHPLC wiring in both the voicecoil and connecting cable.

Grado RS-1 - $600
This is the classic, iconic, mahogany woody, utilizing a metal mesh rear grill and UHPLC copper wiring in both the voicecoil and connecting cable. It comes in the original box, a 15' extension cord (using the same high-quality wire) and an adapter so you could use it with an iPod.

Grado GS-1000 - $850
This is the mac daddy of my Grado collection, with the largest mahogany earchamber of any Grado and the big, circumaural "salad bowl" cushions, which open up the HF. You can run this off an iPod but it sounds a little bright. That's because this headphone begs for a high-quality amp, especially a warm one. John Grado uses a Melos tube amp. I used an M^3 with a STEPS PSU. With the full bass, you really begin to see why Grado wanted to open up the HF. This is the one Grado where you can crank up the bass and still have the most amazing headroom.

Jul 31, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #2 of 5
Grado 325i

bilavideo-albums-grado-325i-picture2961-i-must-have-lost-original-box-because-i-put-these-sr-80-box-but-they-fit-fine.jpg

bilavideo-albums-grado-325i-picture2970-another-close-up-we-look-nicks.jpg

bilavideo-albums-grado-325i-picture2971-look-around-5-oclock.jpg

bilavideo-albums-grado-325i-picture2967-close-up-air-chamber-we-look-nick.jpg

bilavideo-albums-grado-325i-picture2964-left-cup.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back