Grado RS1i vs RS2i?
Feb 25, 2014 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vanhiel

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I spent the evening playing with headphones and amps at my local shop and having a blast figuring out what all works well together and putting it against everything else.  Now I'm a tone and impact guy (Listen to hard rock and metal mostly) so soundstaging and ultimate macro detail isn't my primary criteria so my results may vary from yours.

What I learned out of it all was that my LCD2s are currently majorly underamped and the Mjolnir sounds awesome with them.  Beat a pile of other HPs and tied with a couple others.  But right before I left I saw a RS2i chilling on the shelf and felt the need to give it a try after my utter disappointment with the PS1000.  
basshead.gif
 The sound floored me, it had the guitar presence that made the 225s get a tie but more bass impact than the LCDs.

The only thing that stopped me from walking out with a pair and a Valhalla was the RS1i.  Which of course they don't stock...  So has anyone heard both through the same system and can comment on the sound?  I did a google search but some people say they are totally different and others that they are very similar which left me baffled.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #2 of 3
They are very similar, with the 2i being the better value.  Read about both in this excellent piece:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_RS2I

I like the Alessandro MS Pro better than both.

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks KG.  I had looked at that thread a number of times in the past but never noticed that the Grados were in it! 
blink.gif

Everything I've seen about the Alessandros says they lose a lot of the midrange bite of the Grados which isn't something I want.  So it's unlikely I'd want to go that way and none locally to try either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back