Grado RS1i vs GS1000e or PS1000e
May 19, 2015 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

acguitar84

100+ Head-Fier
I use my RS1i's quite a bit, and have since I've purchased them 2 years ago or so (the time flies). They are a good headphone. However, I'm thinking of "upgrading" to either the GS1000e or the PS1000e. I like Grado Headphones (I still own a pair of SR225 as well), but would prefer a full sized headphone for long listening and transcribing sessions. 

I read a review on the Crutchfield site about the PS1000 and they sound intriguing. The reviewer said they were very revealing and holographic. He even mentioned if someone was a music transcriber, these headphones would be a great choice. That's the kind of headphone I'm looking for, to pick out individual parts for education and transcription purposes. Of course, I also want to kick back and just listen for fun on them as well.

Is there a lot of difference between the GS1000e and the PS1000e? And are they a "step up" from the RS1i? 

Thanks!

May 19, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 3
  I use my RS1i's quite a bit, and have since I've purchased them 2 years ago or so (the time flies). They are a good headphone. However, I'm thinking of "upgrading" to either the GS1000e or the PS1000e. I like Grado Headphones (I still own a pair of SR225 as well), but would prefer a full sized headphone for long listening and transcribing sessions. 

I read a review on the Crutchfield site about the PS1000 and they sound intriguing. The reviewer said they were very revealing and holographic. He even mentioned if someone was a music transcriber, these headphones would be a great choice. That's the kind of headphone I'm looking for, to pick out individual parts for education and transcription purposes. Of course, I also want to kick back and just listen for fun on them as well.

Is there a lot of difference between the GS1000e and the PS1000e? And are they a "step up" from the RS1i? 

Thanks!

I feel a bit sorry for you, since you haven't had any replys yet, so the only reason why I'm answering you, is out of pitty.

Just kidding!. I haven't heard the GS1000e, but I have heard the other two, and since they sound so different from one another, it's hard to give you a definite answer.

The RS1i will give you a more intimate sound, and will be better suited for small venue recordings, I use my RS1 mainly for studio recordings of Jazz, or Blues, and female vocals. 

The PS1000e, have a bigger soundstage, and therefore, a less intimate presentation. They're great for big venue recordings, My PS1000 are my go to headphones, when I listen to live events for exemple. I like to use them to listen to my concerts on DVD.

I hope this helps.

May 20, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 3
It's all good, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll never really know until I try one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back