Grado RS1 that rattles like a "vinyl" when deep bass enters, NOO!!
Dec 18, 2006 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Clony

100+ Head-Fier
Hi! Have some 2 years old grado rs1's that make a rattling or sparkling sound like a vinyl pickup on a turntable when i'm listning to for example -massive attack- whit -angel-

And when i'm taking a soft blow threw my mouth to the phone to ear side and then it gets better
frown.gif

Is there some kind of dust inside that makes this terrible horror? and who can repair this? is this a DIY thing?

Pleace help me!!
eek.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably a hair. Look very carefully.

How can i look for it? and How to reach down in to the phone to pick it out?

Dec 18, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can i look for it? and How to reach down in to the phone to pick it out?

Just blow or suck the grille side (very carefully). Excactly the same thing happened to my MS1 once..

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 19
Portable vacuume suction. "vacuume cleaner" "Dust buster"...

Ask your wife
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 19
Probably a hair like these guys said my ksc75s did the same thing, sorta like a kicking sound going with the music, I won't lie but it sounded good with Metallica's One. The hair was filling in for the bass drum that wasnt there
basshead.gif
in the original mastering. Got a pair a tweasers and pulled the sucker out, problem solved. Of course tho the RS-1 is a hell of a lot more expensive, so extreme care!!! so i do the vacuum solution too.

Dec 18, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 19
Thxs guys!

Gived it som "blow-job" and its gone. Cant sense it or hear it now but i know that its still there, just have a feeling that it will retur
frown.gif

But as it is at this time its gone. Thxs for support!
rs1smile.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 19
That's just too easy.....So I won't say it
biggrin.gif

Another crisis all but not nearly averted
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's just too easy.....So I won't say it
biggrin.gif

Another crisis all but not nearly averted
biggrin.gif

Mhm
wink.gif

Now the next problem is the uncomfy pads, thinking of bying those confy pad mod thing. But time will show
rs1smile.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #10 of 19
Destroying RS-1 with a pair of Comfy Pads would be blasphemy. Try Flats. Although, be sure to break the bowls in before totally giving up on them. Once they soften up they're a lot better feeling.

Dec 19, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Mhm
wink.gif

Now the next problem is the uncomfy pads, thinking of bying those confy pad mod thing. But time will show
rs1smile.gif

Yea, don't do the "comfys No No"...

Flats maybe...I have them but I cannot recommend them for comfort over the stock bowls, for my ear. Because I do have a small ear and the bowls aren't too bad until the 2hr mark, then I need to get up and move anyway
wink.gif

I do want to try these Sennhieser 414 pads with their quarter mod. though; Do a search and check it out
wink.gif

Oh yea, do try to bend the headband, very easy on both sides of center to relieve pressure on the ear. O.K.!

Good luck
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Hi! Have some 2 years old grado rs1's that make a rattling or sparkling sound like a vinyl pickup on a turntable when i'm listning to for example -massive attack- whit -angel

That would be a poorly set-up turntable, I guess
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Destroying RS-1 with a pair of Comfy Pads would be blasphemy. Try Flats. Although, be sure to break the bowls in before totally giving up on them. Once they soften up they're a lot better feeling.

Yepp, i'm with you, love the looks of it like it is original, and as you say, destroying it whit a pair of comfy pads would be blasphemy and onely make them look silly i think. Just so sad that they are so uncofy after a hour or to...

What did you meen about to be sure to break the bowls in before totally giving up on them??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back