Grado RS1 Serial # Question
Jun 22, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 18
I think, because of the fact that they are selling RS1 like a HOT DOGS and to limit the length of the numbering they have chosen for LETTERING as well
confused.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 18
Mine doesn't have any letters in the serial number, which is in the 4,000's, and I bought the phones new from TTVJ about a month ago.

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #9 of 18
Well, I just got on the horn with Grado, and they say it means more or less nothing. They said it was a "control number" for the people who are making them by hand.

Presumably, there can also be B's and C's there too.

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #10 of 18
Although I'd wish it were some cooler story like:

The A's are the ones that John picked randomly to test himself, before sending them for a final test with the Golden Ears of Russia, who personally matches the drivers before flying in John's private Wooden helicopter back to Brooklyn to put them back in the pizza box.

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #11 of 18
A - stock
B - stock
C - stock

ups
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I just got on the horn with Grado, and they say it means more or less nothing. They said it was a "control number" for the people who are making them by hand.

Presumably, there can also be B's and C's there too.

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #13 of 18
No, because IIRC the early RS1's didn't have serial numbers and the number scheme has been "reset" at least once. If you have number 4130 it doesn't mean it's the 4130th one produced.

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #14 of 18
So I've been mildly curious as to whether there's a sn ~#1 floating around at all, or whether or not the serials started with a rough estimate somewhere in the middle.

Jun 29, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #15 of 18
The serial number on my brand new RS-1s is 5163.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not in my office so I don't have an amp to use with them right now, so I'm just listening to them straight out of the iPod.
wink.gif
Sounds pretty good to these ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back