Grado RS-1s in Australia
Jun 30, 2004 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Costas

100+ Head-Fier
This is mainly for my fellow Aussies. Where in Australia can I buy Grado RS-1s at a very competitive price? Whilst there are numerous outlets on the Internet in the US, the shipping costs can be prohibitive...

Jun 30, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 10
Markups in Australia and NZ are usually stupidly high, it's usually cheaper to buy from overseas. You might try Allesandros instead of Grados, they'll ship to you and it might even be included in the price... but i'm not sure. Grados aren't meant to be shipped internationally either, Grado asked companies not to.

Jun 30, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 10
If you really want one, get a friend here in the US to buy it and send it to you, or look in the FS section.

Jun 30, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 10
instead of the grado's maybe alessandro's? the alessandro ms-pro's are pretty much slightly tweaked rs-1's and are a crapload cheaper than grado locally. try headphonic.. They're based in perth but have free delivery around aus. I vaguely remember someone mentioning a store in melb that sells them as well but buggerred if i remember the name.

Jun 30, 2004 at 10:39 AM Post #7 of 10
The RS-1/MS-Pro isn't exactly low cost, you're going to be slugged for import duty and GST on top of the shipping costs to get them here.

Besides, supporting local business means more local support for customers so you don't have to import in the first place
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #8 of 10
MS-pros for two thirds the price of Rs-1 cans and you can get 'em in Australia with local support. And besides Snufkin has a return policy... but there is no way MS-pros would ever be returned (me thinks).

TonyAAA

Jun 30, 2004 at 12:16 PM Post #9 of 10
i fully agree about supporting local business, you just get pessimistic when you see prices in local stores here... praps i should go visit headphonic sometime
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back