Grado RS-1 on Audiogon for $450
Feb 10, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 24
Just bought them for $425 shipped, almost brand new, thanks a lot.
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 24
dude I think you made a real mistake. We had a nice correspondance going and then when I asked him for references he never emailed me back.

I REALLY hope you didn't send him western union.

Feb 13, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #6 of 24
Yes that' happen to me too, i email him about reference and he said he got none, but will provided address and phone to contact BUT never he did. I shoot him another email but he never did reply back. My mind tell me "pay" but my heart tell me no, so I'm back out. Good luck to the buyer. Hope it's not a scam.
God speed friend

Feb 13, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 24
Hey I have contacted him by phone and am not too worried, especially because I received pictures of the actual item and he has contacted me after I payed which he probably wouldnt have done if it was a scam.
Thanks

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 24
Just received my RS-1s. Everything is in perfect like-new condition. Came with both the mini adapter and the extension cable. Im listening to them now and they sound absolutely beautiful (although I definitely need a different amp than the current Little Dot II). Just as a side note the bowls that came on this pair are only about half as deep as the bowls on my SR-80s and noticeably softer. Thanks for everyones concerts but I am now the prowd owner of the
rs1smile.gif
smiley.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoardC3
Just received my RS-1s. Everything is in perfect like-new condition. Came with both the mini adapter and the extension cable. Im listening to them now and they sound absolutely beautiful (although I definitely need a different amp than the current Little Dot II). Just as a side note the bowls that came on this pair are only about half as deep as the bowls on my SR-80s and noticeably softer. Thanks for everyones concerts but I am now the prowd owner of the
rs1smile.gif
smiley.

Wow..$450!!! Nice score.

Garrett
rs1smile.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 24
The pads also seemed kind of "glued" on but still came off pretty easily. After the pads were removed it looks kind of like where the wood meets the plastic/metal grill part theres some light glueing around the edge holding it in. I have a couple pictures but am not sure how to post them. Everything sounds amazing still, but if theres anyone who knows RS-1s very well I would love to send someone pics to make sure this is normal. It does look as though it could be very normal, just you guys made me paranoid
wink.gif

Thanks

Feb 13, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 24
I think the pads stick to the wood after a few years or after just being on for a lvery ong period of time.

Not paranoid just cautious. It's too easy to post a desirable item and take a few people to the cleaners.

Mitch

Feb 13, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #14 of 24
The gobs of glue is normal. Don't worry about it.

Feb 13, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
The gobs of glue is normal. Don't worry about it.

Yep. Messy glue around the driver is the fingerprint that let's you know you have a genuine Grado.
icon10.gif

Congrats on the GREAT score by the way BoardC3. I hope you enjoy the RS-1's.

rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back