Grado reseller in Augusta, Georgia wanted!
Feb 17, 2007 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Bastet

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

this thread title might seem a bit weird (after all one could be expected to be able to find one on your own...) but here's the deal:
I am from Germany and will leave for Augusta on a business trip soon. So I thought it would be a shame to waste the opportunity of getting my hands on a relatively cheap pair of Grados without the ridiculous German price tag!

I searched for a while but couldn't find any information on resellers in that area on Grados website or anywhere else.
Since most of you are Americans (at least I think so) you might be able to help me.
So if anyone knows a store that sells Grados in Augusta please let me know!
Or, tell me how a store that sells hifi equipment is usually called. I had no luck with searching for something along the lines of 'hifi + augusta', but maybe I'm just dumb
frown.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 13
Well, I google "hi-fi august georgia" and came up with this.

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 13
Thanks for the suggestions!
Just mailing Grado is definitely an idea, didn't think of that yet
redface.gif

Right now I am wondering if having a pair sent to the hotel wouldnt be the best option. It is rather pressing though since I only have 4 days in Augusta, so I guess I'll just stick to the original plan of finding a Grado seller

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 13
I'm in Atlanta and have a brand new pair of SR60s if you need em. I bought them around January and have only used them maybe about 5 times because they're open cans which disturb my 2 other roommates.

PM me. Original box and 1/4" adapter as well.

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 13
When I traveled to Atlanta, I bought my RS-2's from "Audio Alternative".

They have the full line of grado for you to test out and they are really really nice people. (mom & pop audio) I got a really good deal on used RS-2's ($350)

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I traveled to Atlanta, I bought my RS-2's from "Audio Alternative".

They have the full line of grado for you to test out and they are really really nice people. (mom & pop audio) I got a really good deal on used RS-2's ($350)

I would second that as well. I got a pair of SR80's there. Nice, knowledeable folks. Highly recommended.

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #9 of 13
Believe it or not, but Grados aren't that easy to find in the States. Most people have to mail order here (though at least the prices are better then other parts of the world). I went to grad school in Augusta....and well there's really not much there in the line of audio gear. Either mail ordering them and having them sent to a contact you have, or the hotel or something. Or getting to Audio Alternative in ATL. Make sure that Grado can say what headphones the authorized reseller has, if there are any in Augusta: many will have the SR60, but may not have models past the 225.

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #10 of 13
Check around isn't like Mulving and others in the Georgia area?

If you can find a trustworthy member in the Atanta area they could recieve the item for you from Todd or Headroom and you could pick it up from them- plus it's a great excuse for a mini international meet.

Mitch

Feb 18, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #11 of 13
I doubt you are going to find any head-fiers or Grado dealers in Augusta; but if you want to bother coming to atlanta, Georgia Home Theatre on Cobb Parkway in the Smyrna/Marietta area of Metro Atlanta carries Grados at list price. That's were i bought my 225s.

Feb 18, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 13
You can buy new Grados from the Head-Fi sponsors for 10% off so there's no need to pay full retail.

If you knew where you were staying you could order you Grados from Todd the Vinyl Junkie and have them delivered to your hotel? Heck he'd Priority Mail (3 days) or overnight them to you once your here? Plus he's got the $10 off first time buyers coupon?

Mitch

Feb 18, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #13 of 13
Well, I guess I will just go the easy way and order a pair of phones to my hotel. Unfortunately, I probably won't have the time for a trip to Atlanta.

Many thanks to you all for the suggestions, you really helped me out with the hard task of combining the contrasting demands of work and headphonitis
biggrin.gif

And if all goes well, I will soon be the proud owner of a pair of SR225s!
rs1smile.gif
Might not be much for all you geeks here but I guess it will prove to be a good match with my neutral K701. Just couldn't resist the temptation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back