Grado recommendations??? So many choices, so little money:)
Feb 13, 2020 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jonharrison11

New Head-Fier
I recently picked up a pair of Grado SR60e's and after allowing them to break in, wow those things were bright for the first 20 hours or so, I am truly hooked on the Grado sound. So hooked in fact that I am looking to upgrade to another model that will elevate the listening experience. I listen to mostly rock/alternative/classic rock both through my phone with a headphone amp and vinyl powered by a NAD amp. While I love the sound of my 60's I just get the feeling that there is more to hear in the mid range and a good deal more bass that I'm not getting. Would like to stay somewhere south of $300 so looking for recommendations. Thanks in advance for the help.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 4
I recently picked up a pair of Grado SR60e's and after allowing them to break in, wow those things were bright for the first 20 hours or so, I am truly hooked on the Grado sound. So hooked in fact that I am looking to upgrade to another model that will elevate the listening experience. I listen to mostly rock/alternative/classic rock both through my phone with a headphone amp and vinyl powered by a NAD amp. While I love the sound of my 60's I just get the feeling that there is more to hear in the mid range and a good deal more bass that I'm not getting. Would like to stay somewhere south of $300 so looking for recommendations. Thanks in advance for the help.

It's been years since I last looked but does Alessandro still make the MS1's?

Those have been my favorites for over a decade.

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm not sure the sound will change drastically. I have the Sr80e wich I love. I had the same question as you but came to the conclusion that I had to wait patiently to the next generation of grados.I had the opportunity to test the SR325e, RS2e, GS1000e and it does not convinced me to upgrade, except maybe for the look.
At the same time I discovered the Zero Audio iem brand and bought the Zirco Pezzo wich sounds really like Grado does. The Pezzo is the most afordable one of the line.
I don't know if it gets better but for now I want to digg more on this Zirco line than on the Grado present one.
Anyway, maybe you have to test the Grado GH3 in case you're still hyped :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back