Grado question: HELP !
Sep 8, 2001 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

M Rael

500+ Head-Fier
How do the Grado's come apart?? Or, failing that, what is the best way to remove the little button in the middle of the wire mesh.. the vent for the driver. Is the button glued on or held on from underneath?

thanks!

I have the 325's, if that matters..

Sep 8, 2001 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 9
If you want a laugh, do a search for button, grado, and butter knife at headwize. You will then lose all interest in touching your grados!
biggrin.gif

But to answer your question: Everything is hot glued together.

Sep 8, 2001 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 9
I tried it....................the glue is woven throughout the mesh and was downright impossible to get out. I glued the buttons back. Just forget about it..........Please!
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2001 at 8:44 AM Post #5 of 9
you just take a butterknive and cut a circle in the mesh around the button
tongue.gif

just don't man, just don't.

Sep 8, 2001 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks so much for the information!
The buttons come off fairly easy, but they are held on by a circular adhesive pad that is gripping the wire mesh like a
mother f'er :) I tried all kinds of instruments, even some super fine tweezers, but that glue is willing to go down with the ship like nothing I've ever seen.
If I were able to take the assembly apart the job would be fairly simple: lacquer thinner or carb cleaner would eat that glue no problem; but not an option on the assembled pieces. Damn.
I can see inside that theres a lot of glue squeezed out from when the halves were put together.. not a sign that encourages me to start prying on them. I guess I'll put the buttons back on. But as Arnold once said, "I'll be back".

Sep 9, 2001 at 5:34 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Phlosopher
M Rael,
I know this isn't really relevant to this thread, but I used to go to school at St. John's in Santa Fe. I miss it! A very nice place to take long drives!

I'm not surprised you miss St. Johns. Its an incredible location for a small college. You can hike the trails behind it, or head over to the ski basin by car for a nice drive. By the way, I'm working *very* close to St. Johns at the moment and once a week I sit on the grass next to the tennis courts and eat a pizza. Not a bad way to spend lunch huh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back