Grado PS500 vs Audeze LCD-2
Jun 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 10
LCD-2 will have much more bass presence, especially in the sub-bass. The entire Grado line does not have much sub-bass.

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 10
I think that the PS500 have more bass, while the LCD-2 have more refined and detailed bass. Both has good sub-bass, the LCD-2 might dig a little deeper, but i´m not really sure of that.

I don´t think that SanjiWatsuki has ever heard the PS500, it doesn´t have the usual "Grado sound", it has more bass and less treble.

BR
ChriG

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 10
Had the LCD-2, rev 1 and have the PS-500.

Audez'e has actual sub-bass (below 32Hz) while the Grado does not.  The Grado can fool me on occasion because it has a mid-bass bump and what I would characterize as more fun.

There are other differences but you only asked about a bass comparison. 

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 10
I think that lcd-2 probably superior of the 2 head phones, is it worth the difference in price though I am not sure.  I think the grado are easier to drive though so idk

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 10
not to derail this thread, but i think a better comparison is GS1000i and LCD-2. I am thinking of getting either of this two. I heard the GS1000i, but in here we don't have demo unit for LCD-2.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #8 of 10
Man, I started this thread a while ago. Funny how that works. I was able to demo both the PS500 and LCD-2. The PS500 definitely has more bass presence but I liked the way the LCD-2 handeled both mid and sub-bass. The LCD-2 felt more refined in most way despite the fact that the PS500 was more fun at times (Grados are just fun to listen to in general, IMO). I was looking to purchase either but I actually decided on the Denon AH D5000 in the end. For me, it didn't get better than the AH D5000/D7000 in terms of fun. The 5000 was cheaper and sounds fairly similar to me.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
not to derail this thread, but i think a better comparison is GS1000i and LCD-2. I am thinking of getting either of this two. I heard the GS1000i, but in here we don't have demo unit for LCD-2.

Doesn't make any difference.  The two companies just have a different take on what a headphone should sound like.  GS1000i still doesn't have sub-bass like the LCD-2.  Other than that, I like the Grado better.  Personal taste.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #10 of 10
Just some things to think about:

Now this will not say what you will prefer, but they will indicate the tuning and driver's ability to reproduce the input signal. I think in that regard, its pretty easy to see that the LCD-2s are the superior headphone in that regard. In terms of "what floats your boat", only your ears will say.

graphCompare.php

graphCompare.php

graphCompare.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back