Grado PS-1, Who owns them and where are you from?
Feb 1, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by 03029174 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice collection Rob, im in the office working overtime at the mo (Still paying off my pair) so il update the list tonight. Are the balanced pair much better? Ive got a Melos amp so was thinking about going balanced one day

There are better the only problem is that they are wired with 2 runs of JG Signature Ultra-High bandwidth cable which makes them heavy.

Where did you get your's from?

Some of the very early ones had no serial number

Feb 4, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #20 of 45
I've got #9
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by 03029174 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got #9
smily_headphones1.gif

What do you think of them?

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #23 of 45
I've got one without a serial-number. I am from Germany. It works with the big bowls from the GS1000.
My PS-1 works balanced with the headphone-amp CEC HD53N.

Sold! - to L.A.

Draigh

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #24 of 45
@ Rob_N
I LOVE these hadphones, the RS1's were good but these are something else. I started the following thread a while ago ..
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/ste...rdings-393939/
All my music is in flac format and alot of my music (Im 27 so alot of indie and rock music) just seemed to be a wall of sound. This has changed and with my new amp and these headphones so i'm very happy. The bass is amazing and i actually find them very comfortable with flats which seems to be the exception to the rule. The reason i moved away from the RS1's was because i was finding them alittle bright, when you turn up the volume it felt as if top end of the sound got slightly louder than the lower end, with the PS1's its the otherway around which is perfect for me.

@draigh
First of all "Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet!" Haha always wanted to say that to someone
So have you recieved your PS-1s yet? From your message it looks like you've bought a pair of 2nd hand, balanced PS1's with no serial? Is this correct?

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by MH 3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No # 55, Germany

Regards

Wow, 4.5 years on head-fi and this is your first post. How did you resist for so long? You don't need it, but here's your official " Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet."

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #29 of 45
Thanks for the kind words.

I read some posts in my spare time and really like this forum. But I had nothing
to talk or complain about, until I saw this thread.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back