Grado PS-1 serial number question
Aug 18, 2006 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Pixel Pusher

100+ Head-Fier
Grado PS-1 owners:

Just wondering if all PS-1s have “ST Pro” following the serial number on your pizza box, ie. #xxx ST Pro? Or does yours only have the number, ie. #xxx?

I'm curious because I just recently joined Team PS-1 and noticed my pair #148 ST Pro is one with the double lettering FS-1 FreeSystems cups. Is having ST Pro after your serial significant to this?

Here are some pics for you to enjoy, incase I just started a meaningless thread and every PS-1 serial ends in ST Pro.
wink.gif

PixelPusher_PS1_01.jpg

PixelPusher_PS1_03.jpg

PixelPusher_PS1_04.jpg

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 12
No ST Pro after the #xxx on my PS-1 pizza box. Mine does not have the double lettering, so this seems to support your theory.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 12
Sweeeeet! Once I get my new amp you will have to bring those over for a mini meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 12
I'll have to check the box when I get home. On the headphone itself it just has #80. I also have one with the double lettering.

Aug 21, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 12
So what made you get ps-1s? You were one of only 2 people to hear my rig at the last hamilton meet but it wasn't for very long.
tongue.gif

My ps-1s arn't numbered so I can't help you there. On a side note I'd like to a/b my pair to a stock pair. Of course you go an get recabled pair like mine, thus ruining my plan. I'm still unclear as to the sonic effects of the added dampening in my unit so that might be something to somewhat compare at least. ^^

Biggie.

Aug 21, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
I'll have to check the box when I get home. On the headphone itself it just has #80. I also have one with the double lettering.

Only the number “148” on my headphones but the serial on the box is clearly marked “#148 ST Pro”.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Sweeeeet! Once I get my new amp you will have to bring those over for a mini meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

I told Peter that I would hold off on my order until your balanced machine was well underway. It'll give me time to decide on what I really want. Basically comes down to, do I want to build around the K1Ks or PS-1s? Tough decision here, but either way it's going to be a win win situation!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
My ps-1s arn't numbered so I can't help you there. On a side note I'd like to a/b my pair to a stock pair. Of course you go an get recabled pair like mine, thus ruining my plan. I'm still unclear as to the sonic effects of the added dampening in my unit so that might be something to somewhat compare at least. ^^

Biggie.

Yeah, I would like to a/b a stock pair as well!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
So what made you get ps-1s? You were one of only 2 people to hear my rig at the last hamilton meet but it wasn't for very long.
tongue.gif

Biggie.

As noted, I didn't get the opportunity to decide based on the Hamilton meet.
tongue.gif
The short answer is, I'm just another Grado fanboy and had an opportunity to purchase one at a fair market price. I needed to act quick without thought!

To wet Jay's appetite for the next get together!
very_evil_smiley.gif

PixelPusher_K1K_PS1_02.jpg

Aug 21, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #9 of 12
I have PS-1's with both types of lettering and neither have 'ST Pro' on the box.

Aug 21, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
I have PS-1's with both types of lettering and neither have 'ST Pro' on the box.

Same here.

Aug 21, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #12 of 12
dayam...another multiple ps1 owner here without st. i guess the can is so good it merits having a back up..i guess i wasnt alone in this thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back