Grado PS-1 modification pics and quick question
Oct 9, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 25
those look fantastic!

i'd call this project a success
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #21 of 25
Deeply impressed.

Hope you don't get oxidation problems on the polished surface in the long run. If yes, you are bond to polish them monthly.

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #22 of 25
Hi, thanks for all the feedback guys. The sound quality really improvement after 1 day of burning in. I managed to get a couple of hours on the rig last night and noticed some subtle changes. We added a lot more dampening and changed the cable so there are two possible factors that could alter the SQ. I've lost a little warmth from the sound and have gained more separation/definition. Im not great at explaining differences in sound but one thing i have noticed is that more of the tracks sound "Live" or if not i can picture the artist in the recording studio on the majority of tracks. Im really happy with how the upgrades have gone, i might swap the stock headband back at some point. It has better padding than the Jmoney.

@nickchen

We are going to monitor it. Apparently he can seal it easy enough but doesn't think it will be a problem since the cans are always inside (and do enjoy the occasional polish) If there are any problems we will go through the same process and try sealing them.

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #23 of 25
If you seal the surface, it will dead sure become totally dull again. I've had some bad surprises in that respect as a youngster on the motorcycle sector.

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #24 of 25
Ah thats interesting, i didnt think it would be such a problem, since they're in a warm and dry place . I do polish them regulary and will keep an eye on it. Ive seen other members who have machined their own cups, similar to mine. Il get in touch with them and find out what they used to coat the aluminium. Dad works in the car industry and is confident if we need it, he has some wax that will do the trick. I might get some test aluminium and try a few different products because i want them to keep their shine.

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #25 of 25
Oh man, those are pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back