Grado pads
Apr 23, 2010 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

skrat

New Head-Fier
i was wondering whichs pads you guys recommend for hip hop/rap. i have sr80i's and wasn't sure if i should go for flats, bowls or jumbos. not even sure if they all would fit on my sr80i's. enlighten me
atsmile.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 7
I'd recommend you away from Grado altogether for those Genres (perhaps except HF2 and RS1), but besides that point, stay away from bowls or jumbos for those genres anyway. Flats and comfies in general would be much more suited for hip hop.

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 7
oo okay. thanks. yea im getting some other cans for those genres but just wanted to know what pads to get for my grados in case i wanna switch over to some hip hop for a song or two.

which pads would you say improves the sound overall for grados (specifically sr80i if you know) ?

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 7
Just keep the comfies on the SR80is. They give a warm, bassier sound that will work for hip-hop. Theoretically the flats will work better, though not only will you have to buy them (and they cost 1/4 as much as the headphones themselves!), but switching them on and off for a few songs at a time will get old fast.

I'm sure Grado picks pads that are a good mating overall with their headphones. No other pad will really be an "upgrade", just different. The only possible exception is the RS1 with flats, because people tend to like it more than with bowls. Though, it was originally designed with flats. One of these days I'm going to put the comfies on my HF2 and the bowls on my SR60i. Just to see what happens.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 7
You could also try getting some senn 414 pads if you were really curious to see. If you want to try something cheaper you can also go to a radio shack (or the like) and cheap replacement pads. I got some for about $5 but switched back to the bowls because they sounded better IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back