Grado Owners, would you be so kind
Sep 25, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #31 of 38
I agree that they will not be at their best when out and about, but I must say that wearing good quality open headphones outdoors at night is quite an amazing experience. I used to go hiking a lot, there is no silence like night time outdoor silence. I do have Shure SE530's so I'm good on the IEM front, I just want some variation. They should be here next week so I'll be able to judge for myself soon enough, I do enjoy flying the audiophile flag sometimes though
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the higher model Grado's are too precious to be worn outside. they won't sound as good through a portable anyway. if you must, go no higher than a SR125(i) or SR225(i).

+++++I fully agree............
k701smile.gif

I can not understand the original OPs rational with this. Maybe his experience level??????
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooterboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k701smile.gif

I can not understand the original OPs rational with this. Maybe his experience level??????
tongue_smile.gif

i wear my 325is's outdoors all the time. i just can't be fussed with different kinds of headphones for different occasions, so i just wear them everywhere.

i just avoid very noisy places, because they're wide open cans, that's all.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooterboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k701smile.gif

tongue_smile.gif

My rational is that I am incredibly passionate about good quality sound and I don't know if the look of something should warrant not wearing them outdoors, unless you are saying this because your insecurities about what strangers think outweigh your passions, which is fine
tongue_smile.gif

I know I'll get a dip in quality but I've worn full size headphones outdoors before and have been much more satisfied than I am now with the SE530's. However, the Shure's have many other benefits that the Grado's cannot match, but for light strolling I don't couldn't care less how I look. Experience has little to do with how much you enjoy something.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #38 of 38
I never wear mine outside but everyone that has seen my headphones love them. They always make a comment like, "Those are cool and retro".

I have a feeling that it also depends on who your friends are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back