Grado... Not all I expected.
Aug 24, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #16 of 31
i agree with biggie. I know the kind of bass you are talking about, and the KSC-35 has it. In fact recently we ran a cmoy from my ipod to the ksc-35 and compared it to my HP-2 (no joke hehe!) The ksc-35 obviously had more of that "ghetto bass" while the HP-2 had a tighter more refined bass. But I can see how folks can compare the two and say "the koss has bass and the grado doesn't!" because the HP-2 doesn't have that bass that seems like it just spilled out of an oil tanker all over some penguin's pristine iceberg.

The DT770, on the other hand, spreads that crude all over the place and then lights it on fire. BURN, PENGUINS, BURN! MUAHAAHAH!
basshead.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 31
its overpriced at any canadian retailer, go for about $120-$130 canadian.

i had the opposite experience when i experienced the grado. they just sounded so airy and lifelike, the upper frequencies were just so detailed.

i had a pair of eggos with me at that time, and the SR60 blew them out of the water.

but then again, i like my treble.

Aug 24, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #19 of 31
I'm getting quite worried about Jahn's inner pshyce... lol

Jahn... do you sleep well at night?
eek.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by marx84
You're forgetting the 14.5% tax my good man.

Not really. You should be able to negotiate that in as I did.
And Albertans can do even better.

Aug 24, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by marx84
You're forgetting the 14.5% tax my good man.

no longer at 14.5, its 14% now. PST went back down to 7% a few months ago.

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
I'm getting quite worried about Jahn's inner pshyce... lol

Jahn... do you sleep well at night?
eek.gif

Billy is rubbing off on me. I actually bathed with the HP-2s on. the Fuzz has a strong grip on me.

(that was a joke. I'm still normal and don't listen to my cans near any bodies of water. unless you count people, who consist of mostly water...ah forget it maybe I do need to get out more.)

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
The ksc-35 obviously had more of that "ghetto bass" while the HP-2 had a tighter more refined bass. But I can see how folks can compare the two and say "the koss has bass and the grado doesn't!" because the HP-2 doesn't have that bass that seems like it just spilled out of an oil tanker all over some penguin's pristine iceberg.

The DT770, on the other hand, spreads that crude all over the place and then lights it on fire. BURN, PENGUINS, BURN! MUAHAAHAH!
basshead.gif
evil_smiley.gif

lol

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #25 of 31
USD115 is the best price i can get over here (CAD130 + 15% tax)

im suppose to drop by an audio store to audition the grados today....but heck...couldnt find it and it started to rain....tomorrow must be the day...
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2005 at 1:23 PM Post #28 of 31
If you can make the price jump (maybe look used if necessary and bypass the foreign price structure and taxes), I thought that the SR225 had much more, and better, bass than the SR125. Put flats on those and you'll get bass.

Supposedly the Grado streetsyles will be coming out in a few months; who knows how they will sound, but they might be worth looking into.

Aug 25, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #29 of 31
How about getting a Alessandro's MS-1? It's basically the SR-125 modded to be ever so slightly accurate. It's also a hell of alot cheaper than the Sr-125, since with Grados pretty much controls the import and export of their products.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 25, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #30 of 31
If you find the RS-1s not boomy enough then you probably are a PS-1 person. I had trouble enjoying the RS-1 because they were too boomy for me... did you try them with bowls or flats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back