Grado Lot Codes
Mar 14, 2007 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EdT

100+ Head-Fier
Is there anyway to determine when a particular set of Grado cans was made ? I know the more expensive series have hand written serials on the cup, what about the Prestige series ?

I also noticed another thing with Grados, they don't even have a UPC barcode on the box, meaning they were never applied to have a seperate code for each of their products and also not meant to be sold in bigger chain stores which requires it. I understand they are trying to save money by printing a generic box for all their cans, but a label can be used for barcodes if required.

Mar 14, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 3
i have seen Grados sold in Virgin Megastores, up to the SR225. The way they do it is wrap a cable lock around the box, then barcode the lock. Nifty.

Mar 14, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have seen Grados sold in Virgin Megastores, up to the SR225. The way they do it is wrap a cable lock around the box, then barcode the lock. Nifty.

Thats complicated, a label would have suffice, clear heatshrink wrap would also be nice if it were me.

The way that UPC codes work is that the company must apply for their unique code for each of their products with UPC, the first part of the code is the company's identification and the second half is the the product's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back