Grado Labs RS-2 Pictorial [56k warning]
May 15, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_1049_1024.jpg

Ahhhh, woody on woody action!

May 15, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #32 of 35
Wow, you didn't give yourself enough credit, Milkpowder, those shots were great. The way you matched the wood from the headphones with a violin (or viola, couldn't tell) was very classy, and the colors contrasted well. Keep up the photography.
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, you didn't give yourself enough credit, Milkpowder, those shots were great. The way you matched the wood from the headphones with a violin (or viola, couldn't tell) was very classy, and the colors contrasted well. Keep up the photography.
biggrin.gif

Thanks! It was really a bit of luck since my camera has no manual settings apart from very basic exposure (not aperture) and shutter speed control. I had to play around with the four shutter settings, exposure to get the colours OK.

Quote:

Well I must admit that overall I like MS-Pro little bit more now. I don't think they're even completely burned in yet but they do sound amazing already.

RS-2 has slightly less aggressive sound (this was a surprise for me). When compared to MS-Pro it sounds smoother and in long listening it's less fatiguing than MS-Pro. It also has more bass than MS-Pro which in some cases is good thing and in some cases bad. MS-Pro is further away from HD650 sound signature than RS-2 making MS-Pro + HD650 even better complementary pair than RS-2 + HD650.

MS-Pro brings out all the little details on recording. RS-2 is good at this also but MS-Pro is better. MS-Pro has more sparkle in the high end. It also has overall slightly brighter sound and slightly wider soundstage. I'd also say that MS-Pro has more upfront sound.

The difference is similar when going from HF-1 to RS-2 and when going from RS-2 to MS-Pro. It's not as clear between RS-2 and MS-Pro but very similar.

Overall I'd say that RS-2 has mellower, smoother and slightly heavier sound when MS-Pro brings some excitement, sparkle and more details in the sound. They're both awesome headphones.

Thanks for the impressions. Some day, I'll get a chance to compare them, hopefully in the comfort of my own home. Do you find the RS-2 bright at all?

I'm literally dying... slept for 1 hour last night over some revision. Exam today went OK at best. Some pretty difficult stuff which I was pretty clueless about. One down, two more to go. Better work harder!
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the impressions. Some day, I'll get a chance to compare them, hopefully in the comfort of my own home. Do you find the RS-2 bright at all?

No I don't think they're bright at all. MS-Pro has clearly brighter sound (or then they need just more burn in).

May 16, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

No I don't think they're bright at all. MS-Pro has clearly brighter sound (or then they need just more burn in).

I might attribute the brightness I'm experiencing to my poor system.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back