Grado in NYC?
Apr 7, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's possible that J&R have the phones in store, just not for demo. J&R is not very far from the WTC site (not that exciting to look at but anyway....)

Well, if I am going to buy them unheard, then I might as well save myself 70-100 dollars and buy them via mail order from HeadRoom.

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They accept walk-ins? Well, anyway, I decided to follow the excellent advice above and write to Grado and ask them directly. Maybe I'll get an invite.

I have stopped by and they are really nice. They repaired my HF-1 for free while I waited. I had emailed before but they didn't seem to recall the email so it must have just been like a walk-in to them. I don't think you can buy them at the factory but they might let you listen.

May 2, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 19
I called the factory today saying that I was a long term hp-1000 owner looking to try RS-1's and they said they did not have a listening setup and could not take visitors to try the headphones there. They suggested Lyric Hifi, whom I called. They did not have any in stock. I will call sound by singer to see what they say.

May 2, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they said they did not have a listening setup

I guess you need backstage passes for...

grado-36.jpg

"The Grado listening room."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back