Grado Hp-2 authentity
Jul 23, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #2 of 19
Based on their feedback, I would be confident. Ask for a phone number and give him a call on it to ease your mind. Maybe ask to pay by cheque and then you have the address too.

Hopefully the condition is good, they seem to be ok.

Nice cans!

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That listing is already over from some time ago...

Yeah, I won it. I just have to send my money now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #5 of 19
Maybe the OP was the winning bidder and is now having second thoughts about paying.

EDIT--
Beat me to it...

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 19
Ask him if he can take a photo with a piece of paper with yours and his names written on it in the shot? If you explain that there have been a bunch of scams recently i would imagine he'd understand (i would if i was the seller).

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 19
It's too late. You should have asked this question before Bidding and Winning the Auction.

It's a done deal at this point.

"i would imagine he'd understand"

No he'll think your an idiot for not asking the questions before winning the auction. I hate dealing with people who ask questions Afterwards.

Mitch

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"i would imagine he'd understand"

No he'll think your an idiot for not asking the questions before winning the auction. I hate dealing with people who ask questions Afterwards.

Exactly!
The OP should have asked him questions before he placed a winning bid...

Jul 23, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly!
The OP should have asked him questions before he placed a winning bid...

OK Fine. Put it this way, if I was the seller, I would understand his concerns.

Jul 23, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #12 of 19
Don't worry, we understand the rationale. "I want to ask Head-fi if it should buy it, but I don't want to tell Head-fi about it because they might snipe it!" No worries, as the second a Grado hits eBay we all know about it anyhow, hehe. Ask away beforehand next time so you can bid with confidence! And by the way, these do indeed look legit.

Jul 23, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry, we understand the rationale. "I want to ask Head-fi if it should buy it, but I don't want to tell Head-fi about it because they might snipe it!"

Yeah I seem to have noticed that.
wink.gif
But this was not the case actually. Just when the auction ended there was very authentic looking hp1:s for sale, and it resolved to be a scam.

Jul 23, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by varro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I seem to have noticed that.
wink.gif
But this was not the case actually. Just when the auction ended there was very authentic looking hp1:s for sale, and it resolved to be a scam.

that scammer's incredibly persistent:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Joseph-Grad...QQcmdZViewItem

Lotsa red flags here: Multiple auctions for same item, "don't send a message thru ebay", "Don't bid, email me instead, you can have them for 600 pounds."

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 19
the final price was not bad! i've seen two recent sale that are over $1,500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back