Grado HP-1000 with John Grado's RS UHPLC copper cord?
Oct 10, 2003 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SteeleBlayde

1000+ Head-Fier
What do you guys think? Think John would even consider it?
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2003 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 5
I think that wouldn't be a wise idea. The cable of the RS-1s is quite a bit different than the Joe Grado cables (it seems thinner). Not sure of the sonic differences, but judging by how much the Cardas cable supposedly changes the sound of the HD 600, the cable would affect the HP-1000 sound. I know in a speaker system, swapping out speaker cables makes a huge difference, much bigger difference than ICs and PCs.

Oct 11, 2003 at 12:29 AM Post #4 of 5
I think Joe and John tried to build a synergy into their systems with all the components working towards the best sound to their ears.

It shows in how the RS-1's sound with the RA-1 and the HP1000's sound with the HPA-1.

So I think they were thought out as a system not just components. The headphones didn't have just any cable slapped on them afterwards.

Mitch

Oct 11, 2003 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by princeclassic
i've always thought that for speaker systems ICs make the biggest difference as far as cables go. as far as i know, speaker wire is generally very similiar as long as it is the same gauge.

I forgot to write "in my own experience". ICs would also make less difference since the signal gets processed (amplified) by the amplifier before feeding through the speaker cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back