Grado headphones for Internet radio
Mar 7, 2005 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kmcdonou

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for some Grado headphones for use listening to Internet radio. I am a Grado fan and like their sound (I have the RS-1s at home paired with Singlepower's MPX3).

I realize the sound quality of Internet radio is fair at best, but that's ok as I am listening to it at work just to keep my up on new artists. I am planning to buy a Total Bithead to hook to my laptop (and serve as a nice portable amp) and am wondering what Grados to get.

Would it be overkill to get the SR-225s for my application or should I stay with something like the SR-60s?

Mar 7, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 3
If you were only going to listen to internet radio, the 60s would be sufficient. However, you mentioned getting an amp and hooking it to your laptop. Knowing that headfiers just can't stop, I'd be willing to be that sooner or later you'll be listening to other forms of music on that laptop. If you think that might be the case, get the 225s!

Mar 7, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Definately get the 225's, it will save you money in the long run.

If you buy the 60's you'll know you'll be on the road to upgrado.
biggrin.gif

Joking aside, since you've already got the RS-1's, you'll really appreciate the 225's better, especially with the Total BitHead.

I also have the Total BitHead and 225's for use on my PC, along with my HD600's. I listen to Internet radio, as well as WAV's, and it's a great combination.

P.S..I sold my RS1's in favour of the HD650.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back