Grado Headphones - 15% Off Deal
Jun 11, 2004 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mtkversion

500+ Head-Fier
Grado Headphones, Jun 10

Cambridge SoundWorks has the sweet sounding Grado SR80 Headphone for $89.99 - 15% code: EXTREME15 = $76.50 shipped free. Search for grado Review

Grado SR60 $69.99 - 15% = $59.49 shipped free.
Grado SR125 $149.99 - 15% = $127.49 shipped free.

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...cgi?category=0

Just search for GRADO.

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 13
a pretty good deal...newbies should really take this opportunity to get the sr60s.

Jun 11, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 13
SR-60's & SR-80's are very good "starters". As for SR-125's, it worth to consider Alessandro MS-1's ($99 incl. shipping, with a mini adapter).

Jun 11, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 13
so close to getting my long-coveted 125's . . .

what's this? . . . .they charge tax! (the heathens) so they're almost $140.

and $140 is a full one-third toward my holy grail cans (CD3K's).

. . . the trials of the unemployed headphonephilic lurker.

note:
headphonephile? doesn't seem to work, does it?

aheadphonephobic; the fear of no headphones. Yes. I'm certain I suffer from this. Just thinking that such a word could exist is making me queasy.

Jun 11, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 13
Why not buy them from Todd or Headroom? I know Todd has 10% off the retail so it may work out to be a couple of dollars more but by purchasing through him your supporting one of the companies that helps keep Head-Fi alive.
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 13
I agree that one should support the sponsors - I have purchased at least half of my gear from Headroom and I can't praise them enough for the service and know-how. However, the 125's are $150 + Tax + Shipping at Headroom (I'm not sure about Todd). Only by waiting patiently for deals have I been able to afford the gear that I have. Educated consumers are the backbone of a free market - they insure that quality and reasonable prices dominate the marketplace for the rest of the buying public. I think the best results come from weighing the relative costs and benefits of a given purchase and deciding accordingly, something that varies greatly from person to person depending on the amount of expendable income, customer service concerns, etc.

Sponsorship support is an issue worth considering for Head-Fier's given the volume of money that leaves our wallets as a result of engaging in this community. Thanks for the thoughtful post, and your HeadFi-Social-Responsibility.

Jun 11, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB.
I agree that one should support the sponsors - I have purchased at least half of my gear from Headroom and I can't praise them enough for the service and know-how. However, the 125's are $150 + Tax + Shipping at Headroom (I'm not sure about Todd). Only by waiting patiently for deals have I been able to afford the gear that I have. Educated consumers are the backbone of a free market - they insure that quality and reasonable prices dominate the marketplace for the rest of the buying public. I think the best results come from weighing the relative costs and benefits of a given purchase and deciding accordingly, something that varies greatly from person to person depending on the amount of expendable income, customer service concerns, etc.

Sponsorship support is an issue worth considering for Head-Fier's given the volume of money that leaves our wallets as a result of engaging in this community. Thanks for the thoughtful post, and your HeadFi-Social-Responsibility.

I would take any quote you have to Todd or Headroom before buying. You never know they may be able to match it.

Jun 11, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #12 of 13
My dad got my SR-80's $75 shipped (free shipping) from Cambridge. I'd reccommend them, this seems like a similar deal.

Jun 11, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #13 of 13
I picked up a pair of SR-60s last week from Cambridge for 15% off & free shipping. It came in 3 business days.

One thing to be aware of when I looked at the invoice from Cambridge it states that there is a 15% restocking fee for any items returnrd that are not new or in new condition. Not a big deal because I am really happy with the SR-60s but keep that in mind when ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back