GRADO Headphone (Repair/Warrant) Experience
May 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

odalanizi

New Head-Fier
Hey Folks,

I need some advice, please. I bought my SR325's September 2010. I haven't used them for the past 3 months; the past week I started using them again and for some reason the only way to get sound on both sides is to HOLD the connector where it goes into the soun jack on the device.

I got another grado mini adaptor cable 1/4 inch; but whenever I plug into my sound device (iphone, laptop, etc) I have to SHOVE and HOLD with my hand for the sweet spot...

WHY!?

WHAT CAN I DO?!

I bought these Headphones in September 2010;
are they still under warranty?

what are my repair options? I live in a remote area and I don't think anyone can do it around here.

thanks...

May 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 4
Well I believe Grado offers a one year warranty on their headphones, so it seems you'd be out of luck for a free repair. You could either send them into Grado to be repaired, or find a local electronics repair shop that will re-terminate them for you, likely at a much cheaper cost. You can get a repair estimate directly from Grado at info@gradolabs.com.

May 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Last year, Grado repaired my SR-325i headphones by replacing both drivers and installing a new cable.  All I had to do was mail my headphones into Brooklyn, NY along with $45.00 (that's the cost for the SR-325 repair) and asked for the drivers and cable to be replaced.  Within 2 weeks, they had them updated / fixed and on their way back to me.  They have a very good turn around time and treat their customers very well - even if the headphones are out of warranty in your case.

In a sense, they're kind of an "old school" operation as the receipt you'll get back with your headphones will be a hand written one on carbon invoice paper.  

May 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 4
^Same expererience for me with Grado.  Live in OR had my headphones repaired and back in hand in less then 3 weeks!  I would have to say Grado customer service is one of the best Ive had with headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back