Grado headbands too large?
Mar 1, 2006 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

solbergg

100+ Head-Fier
I have never thought of myself as having a small head. I definitely wouldn't consider it large, but rather than average size. But, when I put on my SR-60s, I have to push the little antennae all the way up until the driver housing touches the plastic channel indicator. With it set at the smallest setting, the drivers still sit a little below where my ears are located. Again, I do not have a freakish head or ear height, so does anyone else have this problem and/or a work around? My Senn 580s and MDR-V6s fit me well, and I don't have either of them set at their smallest setting. This concerns me a bit as I want to eventually upgrade through Grado's line, but if all of the headbands are the same, the fit may become a serious drawback to spending a large amount of money on them.

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 6
I have this problem. I use the Beyer headband w/the Grado's & it makes them fit perfectly.

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela
I have this problem. I use the Beyer headband w/the Grado's & it makes them fit perfectly.

Is the beyer headband something you can order? I tried contacting Beyer USA about acquiring the 250-250 earpads for my V6 (I told them I had a 250-250), but never received a response.

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 6
"You can get the Beyer DT770 cushioned headband directly from Beyerdynamic USA. Their number is 1-800-293-4463 and the part number for the headband is #340.502. It wasn't that expensive when I ordered mine a while back, though I can't remember the exact price."

This is a quote from Jahn in another post. It explains it all! I think it was something like $12 plus shipping when I ordered last time. Its a nice addition b/c it just snaps around the existing Grado headband & adds a nice layer of comfort. It doesn't look bad either - IMO.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela
"You can get the Beyer DT770 cushioned headband directly from Beyerdynamic USA. Their number is 1-800-293-4463 and the part number for the headband is #340.502. It wasn't that expensive when I ordered mine a while back, though I can't remember the exact price."

This is a quote from Jahn in another post. It explains it all! I think it was something like $12 plus shipping when I ordered last time. Its a nice addition b/c it just snaps around the existing Grado headband & adds a nice layer of comfort. It doesn't look bad either - IMO.

Thanks! Now if I can just figure out the 250-250 earpads part number, I'm all set, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back