Grado GS1000 series different pads? 3d artist wanted
Feb 22, 2018 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Uppertaker

Head-Fier
Hey there, I wonder if someone's found a way yet, to make other earpads fit on their grados.

I'm specifically looking for a full seal around the ear, as I think my GS1000e would benefit tremendously from that, aswell as a bit of an angle, testing by adjusting with my hands and the earpad cushon, show that they definitely would benefit in sweetness from a slight angle.

I'm looking for a 3d artist to lay down some concept attachments for grado cups, so that they could support the installation of different headphone pads, including angled pads.

the idea is to 3d print an attachment that goes in the portion of the earcup, shown in the picture and expands the grado design, by giving the cup more surface area in which to install new pads, but I can't think of a design that would naturally just fit in there whilst being rigid... maybe a 2 part model that snaps into place could work?

Ideas welcome

91UVifF+3CL._SL1500_.jpg

Now I know some people would frown upon changing anything on these beautifully classic headphones, but I am CERTAIN, that the GS1000e would benefit in sound from being angled, and it's proven that the sealed cup design does indeed improve grado sound.

ideally I'd love a 3d artist to work on a design with, and then to proceed testing designs and earpads,

but if all else fails, I have a couple ideas on how I could cut the g pads, and reinforce them with harder materials to create support for other ear pads.... but I'm more incline on the 3d printed models!

what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Can't find it right now but I remembering coming across a post where someone made custom wooden adapters for Grados - Fostex-style large earpads. Try searching the forum maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back