Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
1px.png

jpeg

1px.png

1px.png

Grado Gone Wild!

John Grado has been a busy man! Grado Labs introduces 4 new headphones. All are available for order now at TTVJAudio.com with shipping this month! More information and specs coming soon on our website!

1px.png

1px.png

jpeg

Grado GS3000e

The Grado Statement Line has a new leader. The GS3000e is beautiful with cocobolo wood enclosures.

Grado GS3000e - $1795

Grado GS3000e

1px.png

1px.png

jpeg

Grado GW100

Grado loses the cable! The Bluetooth wireless GW100 brings the Grado house sound to a wireless headphone. And at a reasonable price too!

Grado GW100 - $249

GW100

1px.png

1px.png

jpeg

Grado GH3

The Grado GH3 uses selected and seasoned Norwegian Pine. The GH3 is a limited edition headphone from the Grado Heritage Line!

Grado GH3 - $325

Grado GH3

1px.png

1px.png

jpeg

Grado GH4

The GH4 is made from selected and seasoned Norwegian Pine. The GH4 performs bigger and bolder than its little bro the GH3.

Grado GH4 - $550

Grado GH4

1px.png

1px.png

Questions? Contact us today

406-285-3910

todd@ttvjaudio.com

1px.png

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 19
I read the GW100 description and it is a bit short on details. Could you please provide more information about it?

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 19
Thanks!. I've never owned a Grado, hence I have no idea about the frequency response I should expect from the GW100. Any thoughts? Perphaps someone closer to Grado has any further information (@Todd). Are they based on an existing headphone to look at?

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 19
Thanks!. I've never owned a Grado, hence I have no idea about the frequency response I should expect from the GW100. Any thoughts? Perphaps someone closer to Grado has any further information (@Todd). Are they based on an existing headphone to look at?
Most Grados share the same sound signature. I’ve never heard something to sound like Grados without being a Grado. So I guess this one will sound very similar to all the other grados. sr80e will be probably the closest one.

Here are some graphs: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/please-post-grado-frequency-response-graphs.757788/

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 19

I have owned two pairs of Grado (MS Pro i and MS1i) and I have to say you should expect trebly signature with very forward mids. Oh and with rolled-off sub-bass as well.

Switching swiftly between Beyer DT880s and either of the Grado’s has shown me hints that something is missing from the Grado’s, most probably lower frequencies (that vibration feeling you know), while there’s nothing that seems to be missing from the DT880s compared to the Grado’s.

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #10 of 19
For what purpose I can use open back wireless headphones?
Outside - noise leakage
if you are inside the home, I think Bluetooth is useless, in term of sound quality (Bluetooth) ...

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #11 of 19
I own three pairs of Grado and would like to tell you, no description would fit Grado sound, it is just very special, at least for jazz and classics. Do not trust any reviews, you need to listen them personally. If I would try to describe their sound, i would say one word - musical.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #12 of 19
Outside - noise leakage
if you are inside the home, I think Bluetooth is useless, in term of sound quality (Bluetooth) ...
I can see several uses: 1) listening in bed without cables, 2) when you travel and you're in a hotel and can't carry your amps, 3) For when you want to roam the house
I own three pairs of Grado and would like to tell you, no description would fit Grado sound, it is just very special, at least for jazz and classics. Do not trust any reviews, you need to listen them personally. If I would try to describe their sound, i would say one word - musical.
It would be ideal to listen to them; unfortunately, here in Colombia it is not possible to audition a headphone since there are no audio stores. I frequently listen to latin music and the sub-bass roll off worries me a little bit. Perhaps, could you please compare their sound to another known headphone, like the HD600/650, AKG K7XX, or something similar?

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #13 of 19
For me, it would be to use at night when the kids are sleeping and I'm viewing videos on my laptop or tablet. Or, outside just lounging in the backyard. In terms of sound quality, I don't think anyone is claiming top notch quality, but for convenience sometimes you don't want to be tethered by wire. Probably not for super critical music listening. I can see myself falling asleep with these bad boys on :wink:

Outside - noise leakage

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #14 of 19
It's been a while since I've owned the GH-1, PS500 and PS1000, but those more expensive Grados had decent bass. Sub-bass, not so much. I was happy with the bass peformance for jazz especially with certain amps like the Liquid Carbon or MicroZ.

Grados are very unique. You might buy a relatively affordable Grado like the SR-80 to get a feel for the sound flavor. Probably good deals on used ones from Ebay.

I would call them the opposite of the HD650 and I like the HD650 for what it was designed for. Grados are lively and transparent. Resolving and airy. I like them for acoustic performances, some rock (not probably metal) and jazz. Would I use them for reggae and hip hop? Not if I had other headphones that delivered better bass.

In any case I did order a pair of the GW100.

I can see several uses: 1) listening in bed without cables, 2) when you travel and you're in a hotel and can't carry your amps, 3) For when you want to roam the house

It would be ideal to listen to them; unfortunately, here in Colombia it is not possible to audition a headphone since there are no audio stores. I frequently listen to latin music and the sub-bass roll off worries me a little bit. Perhaps, could you please compare their sound to another known headphone, like the HD600/650, AKG K7XX, or something similar?

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #15 of 19

The wonderful freedom of moving around your home without cable
Outside - noise leakage

Outside - noise leakage

The wonderful freedom of being able to move around your home without cables. Lying, sitting and listening to music during a quiet walk with only yourself and the birds for company. Some people don't listen to music commuting in sweaty stuffy overcrowded and noisy public transport. :wink:
As for sound quality I bet you won't even notice a difference

(see also new PortaPro wireless)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back