Grado & Glasses
Dec 1, 2015 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mystalexx

New Head-Fier
Hi!

Can anyone chime in on whether their Grado headphones are comfortable with glasses? I'm looking at the 225e and the 325e in particular, but unfortunately there is no brick and mortar store near me.

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 5
I have some SR80i's and I can tell you the headband on Grado's were pretty uncomfortable for me.  They're not really much worse with glasses, but if you're looking for something comfortable I would look elsewhere.  Unless you want to replace the headband (which I did and made it much nicer).

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 5
I have SR225's and GH-1's, and they're actually some of the more glasses-friendly headphones I've got. Since they're on-ear rather than circumaural they don't clamp down on the glasses legs like other full-size 'phones do. Whether Grados are comfortable in general is not 100% agreed-upon...I find them quite comfortable, but some people don't.

One thing to keep in mind, if you're looking at the SR225e and SR325e...the SR325e is the cheapest Grado model that comes with a leather headband instead of a vinyl one, which helps a lot with comfort. Both of my current Grados have leather headbands (I replaced my 225's headband with an aftermarket one), which might be why I don't have any comfort issues.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 5
I agree with milligan. The issue isn't with glasses but the fundamental headband design. I don't find the the Grados to be horribly uncomfortable, I just have to take them off after an hour or so for a few minutes before putting them back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back