Grado GH2 headphone at TTVJAudio.com
Feb 8, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #16 of 57
Have GH1 after owning most Grados, i think they are tuned much better than ps500(in all versions) or rs1, 2 etc
Cable sucks, time to change, folks at Brooklyn headQ:blush:

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #17 of 57
Have GH1 after owning most Grados, i think they are tuned much better than ps500(in all versions) or rs1, 2 etc
Cable sucks, time to change, folks at Brooklyn headQ:blush:

I had the GH-1 and PS500e at the same time. The PS500e had smoother mids (no 2k-ish peak) and a little less bloom in the bass but sounded very similar to each other. I sold the GH-1 and the PS500e is one of my all one favorite headphones.

I might buy these just because.

Yes the cable is terrible. It weights more then the headphone and looks like a garden hose.

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #18 of 57
I had the GH-1 and PS500e at the same time. The PS500e had smoother mids (no 2k-ish peak) and a little less bloom in the bass but sounded very similar to each other. I sold the GH-1 and the PS500e is one of my all one favorite headphones.

I might buy these just because.

Yes the cable is terrible. It weights more then the headphone and looks like a garden hose.

I felt Gh1 were great tuning for people that don't necessarily want the Grado house bright forwadness, they are smoother to these ears, i liked ps500e, but treble was not refined enough i thought

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #19 of 57
  The new GH2 does use a different driver - to quote John Grado when asked if the GH2 uses a different driver...

"Yes, the driver needs to be tuned to match the wood we use. Each headphone actually has its own formula or recipe"

I hope this helps.

I have not heard the GH2 yet but have heard reports out of the Grado camp that it is very good. If they sound half as good as they look we will all be in for a real treat!!! We will know soon as they are 3 or 4 weeks away from shipping!

Todd

These are beautiful! &  Matching the driver to the tone of the wood...I like how that sounds :)

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #20 of 57
I love the Grado cable. Fat and rubbery is durable and easy to clean compared to thin braided cables. I'll pass on these as I'm more than happy with my GS2000e. They sure look lovely, though...

(expects Grado to announce the GS3000e by the end of the year, featuring three tonewoods)

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #23 of 57
Unfortunately, we can only ship the Grado GH2 headphones in the USA. The GH2 will be available through your local Grado dealer in France.

Todd

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #27 of 57
I love my GH-1's and they've let me pare down my collection to just a few of my favorite cans. Other than being gorgeous, I'm trying to justify pre-ordering these, based solely on availability and love of its elder sibling (which is may or may
not resemble in the slightest)...

Todd - I don't think you have your hands on these yet, but hoping for an answer anyway: what the heck is a destressed dynamic driver? Is this something new (or, new to Grado) or something they've always done but are now highlight for marketing? (Maybe Jonathan takes each GH-2 out for a long walk on the beach followed by a candlelit dinner and photo session?)

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #28 of 57
Hi All,

Great news!!! The GH-2 will be shipping out to our customers next week! I am receiving one on Friday to try and will receive my full order for the GH-2 next week. Order away! The wait is very short now. And thank you to those who have already ordered!

Todd

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #29 of 57
what the heck is a destressed dynamic driver?

Stereophile Jul 25 1996 RS1 review
John Grado said: "We paint a formula on them to control resonance—we call it 'de-stressing'; in the RS1, we do it twice, and very, very precisely. We damp the chassis behind the magnet cover."

Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/796grado/index.html#7G4Rk4TxcPBbJAkx.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back