Grado GH-1 Discussion
Sep 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #301 of 1,091
Welp, goodbye $650, you will be missed. Until the box arrives next week at least. You fools let me part with my hard earned money, how could you! 
You will not be disappointed sir.

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #303 of 1,091
  Reading this makes me wonder if the GH-1 driver is the same as the PS1K driver. Or the old 44m PS1K driver given the e-enhancements. 

Given how close their sound signature are, it's quite possible, but regardless, as far as I'm concerned, the GH-1/G, represents a much greater value, than the PS1k.

Oh! and as far as comfort goes...well...need I say more!

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #304 of 1,091

Given how close their sound signature are, it's quite possible, but regardless, as far as I'm concerned, the GH-1/G, represents a much greater value, than the PS1k.

Oh! and as far as comfort goes...well...need I say more!

Yeah I was thinking about this after I posted. From Grados perspective, why would they abandon such a succesful driver as the PS1K? Some say the PS1K is possibly the best headphone ever. Having changed the driver for the PS1Ke, I can see no earthly reason why they would abondon the PS1K driver. You wouldn't design the PSIK driver; maybe the best driver ever and then stop using it. Even if they think the new PS1Ke driver is better.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #305 of 1,091

Yeah I was thining about this after I posted. From Grados perspective, why would they abandon such a succesful driver as the PS1K? Some say the PS1K is possibly the best headphone ever. Having changed the driver for the PS1Ke, I can see no earthly reason why they would abondon the PS1K driver. You wouldn't design the PSIK driver; maybe the best driver ever and then stop using it. Even if they think the new PS1Ke driver is better.

I have compared the PS1k and the e version. Now, if the new driver was better, it would mean that I, and a few others, are all idiots, and we're not, we simply prefer the sound of the previous driver, wich was, different, not better, not worse, just different.

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #306 of 1,091
At RMAF I was talking with a gentleman who urged me to try the G pads on my Grado GH-1's. I have been resistant to swapping pads and tube rolling for a long time, but he told me it would be worth it. Last night I finally had time and I had purchased extra pads for my PS1K...  Wow!! Truly more comfortable and they sound better. People have said that they sound almost as good as the
PS1000's, my experience is that they're close but not the same. However the GH-1 could be final purchase for many people and I'm happy to have mine!

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #308 of 1,091
  At RMAF I was talking with a gentleman who urged me to try the G pads on my Grado GH-1's. I have been resistant to swapping pads and tube rolling for a long time, but he told me it would be worth it. Last night I finally had time and I had purchased extra pads for my PS1K...  Wow!! Truly more comfortable and they sound better. People have said that they sound almost as good as the
PS1000's, my experience is that they're close but not the same. However the GH-1 could be final purchase for many people and I'm happy to have mine!

I still prefer my PS1000, but I in my opinion, the GH-1/G can definalely play in the same sanbox as the PS1k.

That being said, if I didn't already own my PS1k, and I would've had the chance to compare the GH-1/G with the PS1k, I don't think that I would've been able to justify the PS1k's price difference.

I see the GH-1/G as a, no brainer! 

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #309 of 1,091
Did Grado make more of the GH-1?  I just bought a pair at B&H in NY today and the website still shows they have stock.  Up until last week  B&H had them listed as "discontinued".

By the way, I love 'em.  I've been on a Grado hunt for the last couple of months and these were the ones I was looking for.  I'd been through a couple RS2e (one was defective), PS500e, and an RS1e.  

The RS2e was the closest until the GH1.  The RS1e on some tracks sounded really nice but on others they actually hurt.  I thought the bass/low mids on the PS500e were overwhelming.  To me the GH1 brings just the right amount of additional lows and warmth without throwing the upper mids and highs out of balance.

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #310 of 1,091
Could anyone with both an RS1i and GH1 give be a brief overview of the relative differences?

Thanks!

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #311 of 1,091
  Did Grado make more of the GH-1?  I just bought a pair at B&H in NY today and the website still shows they have stock.  Up until last week  B&H had them listed as "discontinued".

I believe they are a "Limited Edition
wink_face.gif

I just check B&H and their site shows their available.
Does anyone know how many GH-1's were produced???

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #312 of 1,091

I believe they are a "Limited Edition
wink_face.gif

I just check B&H and their site shows their available.
Does anyone know how many GH-1's were produced???

Depends on the size of that tree 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back