Grado getting darker while Sennheiser getting brighter?
Jun 23, 2006 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dr.Sade

100+ Head-Fier
From the descriptions of the Grado GS1000 it seems that while Grado's
midrange is getting more recessed, Sennheiser's midrange is getting more
forward, e.g., HD595. At the end of time Grado's and Sennheiser's top headphones will sound the same. Evil laugh.

Jun 23, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sade
At the end of time Grado's and Sennheiser's top headphones will sound the same. Evil laugh.

Awesome, best quote ive heard in awhile. I'm not sure if its that dramatic though. Maybe they'll combine, Gradoheiser or Senndo or something like that.

Jun 23, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sade
From the descriptions of the Grado GS1000 it seems that while Grado's
midrange is getting more recessed, Sennheiser's midrange is getting more
forward, e.g., HD595. At the end of time Grado's and Sennheiser's top headphones will sound the same. Evil laugh.

Not necessarily true with regard to Senns - HD650, the latest of high end Senns, is darker than HD580/600. HD595 are just a different kind of Sennheiser sound, it's a sidestep rather than an example of a tendency. With Grados on the other hand, considering that people always complained about them being too bright, this evolution towards a less bright sound seems perfectly natural.

Jun 24, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Awesome, best quote ive heard in awhile. I'm not sure if its that dramatic though. Maybe they'll combine, Gradoheiser or Senndo or something like that.

What about HeiserDo or Grasenn? Wait, that sounds european

Jun 24, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

or Senndo or something like that.

That sounds like a name from Star Wars, i.e. Lando.

Jun 24, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 7
If they really merged under the name of Senndo as a new company name 'base', I think they'd call themselves Crescendo
orphsmile.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 8:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Ha Ha Ha

Gradoheiser, and Senndo

if it's is.........do-ser-gra-sen (dosergrasen)

new brand !
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back