Grado G-cush pads dimensions
Jan 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MaciekN

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I want to modify my Alessandro MS-1i into MS1000 but I dont want to pay half the price of a headphone for a piece of foam.

Could someone post dimensions (inner diameters on both ends and the height from where the driver goes up to the ear) of their g-cush pads?

I would be most grateful.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 7
I am willing to take the trouble and too stingy to buy pieces of foam at a crazy price :wink:

All I would need is just the height (that is distance from the ear) and I'm all happy to work with my prefabricates.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 7
I'd be quite interested to see what you come up with if you make your own. I've been playing around with some memory foam trying to get a good pair of pads, but its not easy unless you have the right sort of equipment for cutting it. But where's the fun in just buying stuff in? I'm rebuilding my grados from scratch at the moment out of aluminium, leather and wood - it's slow and painstaking, but its a really enjoyable project.

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #5 of 7
Both sound like a fun projects
Hope to see your results when you finish
popcorn.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #6 of 7
Basically I've been just looking for something that has the shape of an exponential tube and with a diameter of around 40~ mm at base.

I've found melamine teacups, I would saw off the bottom, put some foam on the front rim, and glue some felt on the inside to reduce reverb. In total it will cost me probably something around 1/6th of the price of Grado foam.

I only need to know how much of the cup should I cut off to get more or less the same driver to ear distance as with jumbos.

Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back