Grado for Portables
Feb 22, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #16 of 17
The Koss' and PX100's get a lot of praise around here. They deserve it based on their price. But coming from the RS1, and concidering the MS-1's, the headphones you mention will be a huge step down. I know I, like Skarecrow, couldn't live with that
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm going to stick with my reccomendations for checking out the Senn HD555, AKG-240 and Beyer DT440. The AKG streetprice is just above $105 and $110 for the Senn, the Beyer is $160. All according to headphonereviews.org.

Knut

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:16 PM Post #17 of 17
I wouldn't discount the Grados quite yet. I use my 225's all the time as portables. The cord coils very nicely into loops about 3 inches across. Then you just slip the extra cord into a pocket. Very simple. Run it under your jacket, and its almost invisible. As to the leakage there is no way anyone will EVER hear you on a subway. There is just to much background noise. I use my 225's in cafes all the time, and if I so much as put them around my neck (at normal volumes) I can barely here them. In a silent room they sound like mini speakers, but in a noisy environment they are very quiet. The thickness of the cord never bothers me at all, but this may be a problem for you.

Good luck,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back