Grado flats, comfies, and bowls
Mar 11, 2006 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Clarity

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, sorry for such a dumb question. Just trying to differentiate between flats, comfies and bowls. Right now I've got the MS1s and the HF1s. I'm assuming the MS1s come with comfies and the HF1's come with the bowls, correct? What do these so called flats look like in comparison to the comfies. This whole time I thought the comfies were the flats.
icon10.gif
Thanks, I tried looking for pictures but came up empty handed.

BTW, the bowls that TTVJ sells are exactly what came with the HF1s right? Thanks

Mar 11, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 8
Flats seem to be made of similar material as the bowl pads, but place your ear closer to the driver compare with the bowls.

Comfies are different pads than the flats, they are made of more a 'foam' like material, and do not have hole in the middle (unless you mod them)to expose the driver.

Mar 11, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for clearing this up for me. So the flats have a hole as well in the center unlike the comfies? Thanks, might have to try these flats out or even the c pads. Thanks

Mar 11, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 8
Yeah, flats have the hole. You can easily modify a comfy to be sort of a flat though... cut a quarter sized hole in the center.

As well, you can buy Sennheiser 414 pads, which are yellow and sort of a flat / bowl combo. They NEED to have a hole cut, but are quite a bit comfier to me than a bowl.

Mar 11, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks Mercuttio, really appreciate the info. Also is there a big difference in sound with the C pads. They really look awesome (and comfie as well) and I wonder if they sound as good as they look.

Mar 11, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarity
Thanks Mercuttio, really appreciate the info. Also is there a big difference in sound with the C pads. They really look awesome (and comfie as well) and I wonder if they sound as good as they look.

Check out the thread I made today about them, I think it's a little further down...

And they are unbelievable. I have been listening to my MS2 with them for a few hours now, and I can't BELIEVE these are the same headphones. My HD650s are going to spend some time on the "wall of headphones not currently listened to."

Mar 11, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for the info once again. It's just unfortunate the MS1 Z bowls aren't interchangeable with the HF-1. I'd have to buy 2 .

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #8 of 8
Search 'vwap' under the 'Headphone' catagory.

You will find photos and lots of details. Remember to try searching before posting a thread that has been posted about 100 times (or more).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back