Grado flat pads
Sep 3, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #16 of 37
Flat pads are awsome.

Every once in a while I'll put the bowls back on my 225s and remind myself that the flats were the best $30 I've spent in a long time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #18 of 37
So when people talk about the shrill highs and fatiguing treble of the SR325, are they using flats or the stock bowls? With all this talk about the flats taming the treble and bringing out the bass, it would seem flats would be essential for the SR325 unless you like the REALLY bright, ultra detailed highs that the stock bowls apparently bring out.

Sep 4, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #19 of 37
Please dont mind me for asking this but,
alessandro ms-1's look almost identical to grados,
so if i buy grado flats will they fit on ms-1's?
or are there special pads for alessandro?

Sep 4, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdot
Please dont mind me for asking this but,
alessandro ms-1's look almost identical to grados,
so if i buy grado flats will they fit on ms-1's?
or are there special pads for alessandro?

the stock pads on the ms-1's are just like (may be the same, I'm not sure) as the comfies shown above. and yes grado flats will fit on alessandro's......in fact, thats exactly what I have on my head right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #22 of 37
All comfies are the same. MS1 uses the same ones as sr-60. All grados can use any of the pads. sr-325 is considered harsh with the bowls, flats are said to be best with them.

Sep 4, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #23 of 37
on a can like the sr-80, i think it is much more cost efficient to do the senn pad mod and only spend like 10 bucks shipped, i just had a problem spending 30 (25 when i ordered them) for flats when the can is only around 80. Plus you get bright yellow pads, making your grados even more retro then they allready are!

brian

Sep 4, 2004 at 8:01 AM Post #25 of 37
I just bought comfies for my SR80 today!! And they are so much more comfortable, obviously, than the bowl pads!! The entire experience is rather different - both in terms of physical sensation and sound. It seems to have also cut down some the highs - which suits me great.

Cost HK$80 - about about US$10. Any way to tell if they are genuine Grado comfies????

Sep 4, 2004 at 10:47 AM Post #26 of 37
I have vwap pads. In which areas would the flat pads do better (if they can perform better at all)?

Sep 4, 2004 at 11:19 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by takeawayboy
I have the grado rs-1's am I correct in assuming that they have bowls on them??? Where can I get the different pads to try out and also how much? I live in the UK.

Head-fi sponsor Todd is the only source for flats, look here.
It's even more expensive to get them for those members who are living in europe due to shipping costs and potential customs fees.
To me they are worth the ridiculous price, but don't try to explain to your girlfriend that you just payed 50 $ for some small pieces of foam.
blink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 2:43 PM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei
Any way to tell if they are genuine Grado comfies????

You could check Dudley007s picture above. I wouldn't worry about it tho, I doubt there's a big market for counterfeit Grado pads...

Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
I have vwap pads. In which areas would the flat pads do better (if they can perform better at all)?

The flats are a denser foam, I think that's what accounts for their increased (to me, overextened) bass. Some people find the vwaps too scratchy, so to them the flats are more comfortable.

Sep 4, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #29 of 37
I bought Radio Shack pads for my SR-60's, and personally like them better than the comfy pads; seems to soften the highs and improve the bass. The question I have is, how do they compare to flats, bowls and whatever else people use?

Sep 4, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #30 of 37
If I wanted to tame the highs on my RS1 a little bit, would I do better with flats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back