Grado - Fantastic Customer Service
Feb 22, 2016 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Wiljen

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently bought a pair of 325s here.  Problem being the gorillas at my post office broke them.  The C shaped plastic that holds the right cup on was cracked.    I looked up the phone number on GradoLabs web page and called.   It was immediately answered by a very pleasant woman who identified the number as "Grado, how can I help you?"   I explained the situation and asked if I could buy the part directly through them or if they had a distributor I needed to go through.   She told me she could take care of that, took my address information and told me she'd have the assembly in the mail to me shortly.   When I asked again if I could at least cover postage, I was told no, we take care of all our customers this way.

Kudos,   In a world of disposable stuff and companies that don't care it is truly nice to find  one that still puts customer satisfaction on the top of their to-do list.   

The 325s are my first Grado, but I have a feeling they wont be my last.  Color me impressed.

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 8
Congratulations on your new Grados. I have an old pair of SR225s that I have had for years. Even though I have several other phones ( Senn600s,AKGk501s, NAD Visohp50, Sony 7207,Audio TechnicaM50,and Beyer DT770, the GradoSR225 is still one of my favorites. Let us know how you like the 325e. I'm thinking about buying one.

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #5 of 8
Well having always heard that Grados were the holy grail of Guitar Rock I felt it only appropriate for the first track I listened to on the 325s to be the Hollies Long Cool Woman.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #7 of 8
Me too.  A number of years ago the one of the metal poles came out of the C-bracket.  Out of warranty.  Sent it in and it was fixed, don't remember if there was a fee.  Working to this day.
I always use this anecdote when people complain about obsolescence in American products.

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Congratulations on your new Grados. I have an old pair of SR225s that I have had for years. Even though I have several other phones ( Senn600s,AKGk501s, NAD Visohp50, Sony 7207,Audio TechnicaM50,and Beyer DT770, the GradoSR225 is still one of my favorites. Let us know how you like the 325e. I'm thinking about buying one.

They have been reviewed to death so I'll just give my quick version of the notes.  Great for most Guitar rock.  Probably the best I have heard with things like Fleetwood Mac's Go Insane or Big Love Live versions, La Grange (ZZ top) is also probably the best I have heard it done.  (I've seen both acts live more than once to compare against so I feel I know what they ought to sound like).   If there is a downside, they can be a bit bright and harsh at the high end.  The track I would use to show that is "Its a long way to the Top" (AC/DC from 1975 recording).   One would expect it might be the bagpipes that are harsh but the rhythm guitar and vocals at 47 seconds in, immediately before the chorus, are what jumps at me.   By Comparison, when listening to the same track on the AKG 701s, I like the guitar and vocal better but the bagpipes are less natural and realistic sounding.      

Overall, I really like the 325s, they aren't perfect but they come close for some genres.   They'll be staying in my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back